28. the accused

Why is zemo kinda... (kidding I dislike him strongly)
I can't believe we're on chapter twenty-eight already like this is crazy.

SEVEN WAS BEGINNING TO THING THAT
this agent Ross man, had way too much trust in her. Especially when he un-cuffed her. The second he left, she would be escaping from this stupid office. She glared at him as he walked away, her mind already racing with plans for her escape.

When Ross finally did leave, it was obvious he didn't know what to do with her. He wanted to observe the live feed of Bucky, maybe to understand more. But he also didn't want to leave Sev in his office alone, not trusting her completely.

So, after much hesitation, he walked her down to where Steve and Sam were being held. Despite the numerous times he had initially refused her request, he relented, figuring it was better than leaving her unattended.

As they approached the glass room where Steve and Sam were confined, Seven's heart pounded. She knew who they were, of course, and she had seen them before, but this situation was different. They were also technically criminals, and she didn't know how to feel about that.

Ross opened the door and motioned for Seven to enter. "Stay here," he ordered, his tone leaving no room for argument. "I'll be back shortly."

Seven stepped into the room, her eyes immediately drawn to Steve and Sam. They were sitting on opposite sides of the room, looking as if they had been in the middle of a conversation.

Agent Ross walked Sev down the stark, fluorescent-lit corridors of the holding facility, her steps echoing alongside his. He had finally relented to her incessant pleas, though not without some hesitation. As they approached the glass-walled room where Steve and Sam were being held, Sev couldn't shake the mixture of relief and anger bubbling within her.

The room was just as sterile and unwelcoming as the rest of the facility. Steve and Sam looked up as Ross led Sev inside. Their expressions shifted from concern to a mixture of relief and curiosity.

"Sev," Steve said gently, trying to gauge her state of mind. "How are you holding up?"

Sev crossed her arms, her face set in a scowl. "I'm fine," she snapped, clearly anything but. She glanced around the room, avoiding eye contact with either man.

She acted as if she wasn't just begging for them.

Sam stepped forward, his voice soft and calm. "It's good to see you, Sev. We've been worried."

"Well, you don't need to worry about me," she retorted, her tone sharp. "Worry about yourselves."

Steve and Sam exchanged a look, understanding the defensive front Sev was putting up. They didn't push her, recognizing that she needed time and space.

"Lucky Seven," Sam said gently, his voice trying to sound comforting. "We just want to make sure you're okay, this stuff is scary."

"Why do you care?" Seven snapped back, crossing her arms and glaring at him. She didn't trust any of them. They were supposed to be heroes, but here they were, locked up just like her papa.

Steve sighed, standing up and walking over to her. "We're just trying to help, kid. You don't have to be alone in this."

"I'm not alone," she retorted. "I have my papa."

Steve exchanged a glance with Sam before speaking again. "Your dad... Bucky... he's in a difficult situation right now. I've known him for a very long time, he would want me to make sure you're alright."

Agent Carter, show a spectating nearby turned on the live feed of her papa. Seven's eyes darted to the live feed, confined in a small cell. Anger boiled inside her. "This isn't fair. He didn't do anything wrong. And you two are supposed to be heroes. Why aren't you helping him?"