40. madripoor

Guys I love Sev

Tw: SELF HARM MENTION

"SEV, COME ON, just put the shirt on," Bucky called out, his patience wearing thin as he stood outside the small bathroom on the plane. Zemo had insisted she change into something more inconspicuous for their trip to Madripoor, which meant no bright blue sweaters or cute skirts.

Sev glared at the short-sleeved shirt in her hands, a scowl etched on her face. "No! I hate it, just let me wear a long sleeve shirt or something!" She protested, staring at the days old scars on her wrists.

Bucky ran a hand through his hair, frustration mounting. "No. Just put it on, it's not forever."

Silence filled the air for a few moments until Bucky gently knocked on the door again. "What's the problem with it?"

"Can I just wear a long sleeve under it?" Sev asked, avoiding his question.

Bucky paused, understanding dawning on him. He thought maybe this was about her burn marks that Irina had inflicted on her. It wasn't about the shirt; it was about what it would reveal. "Sev, if this is about your burn marks—"

"Papa! Please?" She interrupted, her voice tight.

He sighed heavily. "Fine, you can, but—"

"Thanks! Pass me one, please." She cut him off, relief evident in her tone.

Bucky rummaged through her backpack and pulled out a white long sleeve. "Is the white one okay?"

"Sure." She replied, eager to cover up.

She opened the door just a crack, and without looking, Bucky handed the shirt through. Sev quickly put it on and stepped out, the long sleeve peeking out from beneath the short-sleeved shirt. Bucky smiled warmly at her. "You look great."

"Thanks," she mumbled, a small grin tugging at her lips.

As she began to walk away, Bucky gently grabbed her shoulder. She turned back, confusion in her eyes. He sighed, meeting her gaze. "Sev, if this is about your burn marks... I think you're being too hard on yourself."

"Dad—"

"No, seriously," he interrupted, his voice softening. "I don't ever want you to feel uncomfortable in your own skin. Those burns don't define you. You're so much more than that."

Sev's eyes welled up with tears, but she quickly blinked them away, giving him an innocent smile. "I know. I just... I don't want to talk about it right now, okay?"

Bucky nodded, understanding her need for space. "Yeah, okay." He said, letting her walk off. But he kept his eyes on her, the weight of her pain pressing heavily on his heart.

As Sev found her seat, she couldn't help but glance back at her father. She knew he was worried, knew he wanted to help, but some battles had to be fought alone. For now, she was just grateful he understood enough to let her cover up her scars and keep her secrets, even if only for a little while.

SEV LIKED HOW PRETTY Madripoor was. The city's vibrant lights and towering buildings created an almost magical atmosphere. However, Bucky was hesitant about having Sev with him. Zemo's description of their mission made him uneasy, and Sev, dressed like a beacon of sunshine, contrasted sharply with the three men and their dark attire.

Sev was crammed between Bucky and Sam in a black car, her heart pounding with adrenaline. Despite the fear, she couldn't deny the thrill of being on such a high-stakes mission. What she didn't like was seeing her dad revert to the role of the Winter Soldier, a part of his past she wished could stay buried. The masked motorcyclists surrounding them added to her growing unease.