39. john stupid walker

Like father like daughter, SEV HATES JOHN WALKER. (Me too)

SORRY THIS CHAP IS LATE IVE BERN BUSY AND FORGOT TO POST

AT THE POLICE STATION, Sev sat in a chair next to Sam, fidgeting with the hem of her sweater. Her bangs, which she had cut with safety scissors, now almost brushed her eyebrows. Time to cut them again, she thought. The day had been long and exhausting, and she felt a mixture of anxiety and frustration bubbling up inside her.

"Seven," a voice called, interrupting her thoughts. She looked up to see Dr. Raynor standing there. "How are you?"

"Fine," Sev muttered, looking back down. She didn't feel like talking today. She was tired, not just physically but emotionally as well. The past few weeks had been a whirlwind of confusion and distress.

Dr. Raynor, sensing Sev's reluctance, turned her attention to Sam. "Sam. I'm Dr. Raynor, I've heard a lot about you. I'm James's therapist," she said, extending her hand.

Sam stood up to greet her. "So nice to meet you. Thank you for getting him out."

"That was not me," Dr. Raynor clarified.

"Christina!" a voice called out from behind them, making Sev jerk her head back. Her expression soured when she saw John Walker approaching. "Hell no..." she muttered, her mood souring further.

"It's great to see you again," John said with a grin. Sev sighed loudly, ensuring everyone, including John, heard her displeasure.

"Are you kidding me? You know him?" Sam asked, equally annoyed.

"Yeah, we did some field ops back in the day," Raynor said.

John Walker finally walked over, his presence irritating Sev even more. She crossed her arms, adopting the posture of a stubborn child. "I heard you were working with Bucky, so I thought I'd step in. Bucky's not gonna be following a strict schedule," John said.

Sev breathed out through her nose, trying to tune out their conversation. She was irritated and just wanted to see her father. When she finally saw Bucky walking through the doors, her face lit up with a smile. She went to get up, but then she heard a voice behind her.

"Sev and I will be outside," John said, his tone authoritative.

Sev frowned deeply. "No, we won't."

"Sev, go with him. Your father and Sam will be out there soon," Raynor instructed.

"What—no—"

"Sev," Raynor interrupted firmly.

"Fine," Sev huffed, rolling her eyes as she stood up. She reluctantly followed John outside, her arms still crossed defensively.

They walked in silence for a few moments, the tension between them palpable. John glanced at her, clearly trying to find a way to break the ice. "Look, Sev, I'm not trying to replace Steve," he began.

"Good, 'cause you're stupid and you're never gonna be him," Sev snapped back without hesitation, her eyes flashing with anger. "John stupid Walker."

John took a deep breath, attempting to remain calm. "I understand that. I know Steve was like an uncle to you."

Sev made it clear she wasn't interested in talking. "Don't talk to me," she said coldly.

John ignored her. "I'm not trying to replace Steve, you know." John sighed but continued. "Steve was like your uncle, wasn't he?"

Sev's anger flared. "Shut up."

Lamar jumped in. "You should really show some some respect—"

"You should really shut the hell up, you're just as if not more irrelevant than him." Sev said, leaning against a car.