✯𝐶𝒉𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2: 𝑇𝒉𝑒 𝑇𝑒𝑎𝑚

Delhi, Aarav's Home- Afternoon, 1:00 PM

The house is simple yet welcoming, with a touch of traditional decor

The house is simple yet welcoming, with a touch of traditional decor. Aarav walks through the front door after a month-long mission. His father, Dharamveer, is sitting in the living room reading a newspaper.

AARAV (smiling) Papa, I'm home.

DHARAMVEER JI (looking up, a broad smile spreading across his face) Aarav, beta! Welcome back. It's so good to see you. How are you?

AARAV (hugging his father) I'm good, Papa. How are you?

DHARAMVEER JI: I am also good. Tell me, how was your mission?

AARAV: It was tough, but we got through it. It took longer than expected, but everything's under control now.

DHARAMVEER JI (proudly) I knew you would handle it well. You always do. But now, go freshen up. Your mother is waiting for you.

Aarav nods and heads to his room to freshen up. After a few minutes, he walks to his mother's room. The room is dimly lit, and his mother, Mrs. Rathore, is lying in bed, looking frail and weak. Aarav approaches her quietly, his emotions welling up.

AARAV (softly) Maa, I'm home.

SUNITA JI (opening her eyes slowly, a weak smile appearing) Aarav, beta. You're back. I've missed you.

AARAV (sitting by her side, holding her hand) I've missed you too, Maa. How are you feeling?

SUNITA JI (sighing) I'm the same, Aarav. Just taking it day by day. But seeing you back safe makes me feel better.

AARAV (emotional) Maa. I worry about you and Papa.

SUNITA JI: I know, beta. But your work is important. Your father and I are proud of you.

Aarav gently squeezes her hand, feeling a lump in his throat. He takes a deep breath, trying to hold back his tears.

AARAV (voice shaking) I wish things were different, Maa. After Sorya... (pauses, unable to continue)