✯𝐶𝒉𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 8: 𝑆𝒉𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑛𝑖'𝑠 𝐴𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟

Author's POV

As soon as Shivani regained consciousness, she threw her arms around Kabir, trembling with fear. Kabir understood her anxiety stemmed from her intense police phobia.
Stroking her hair gently, Kabir whispered, "Shivani, calm down. I won't let anything happen to you."

Shivani said nothing, remaining silent.

The principal's phone rang, and after a brief conversation,
she asked Aarav, "Sir, may I leave? I have an urgent matter to attend to. I'll come whenever you need me."

Aarav nodded, giving her permission to go.

Aadhya stepped forward and said, "Hello, Miss Shivani. If you're feeling alright, we need to ask you some questions. Are you ready to answer them?"

Shivani pulled away from Kabir and replied, "Ma'am, I didn't know you'd bring so many police officers for a car mirror. I told you to just take the money."

Smaira clapped her hands and laughed. "Do you think we're here for a car mirror? Do you even know what's going on?"

Shivani looked confused. "I don't understand what you're saying."

Aadhya continued, "Miss, don't you know that one of your university professors, Nikita, has committed suicide?"

Shivani stood up from the sofa, shocked. "What? When? How?"

Aarav, in a serious tone, said, "That's something you'll tell us, won't you?"

Shivani, who hadn't looked at Aarav until then, glanced at him briefly, their eyes meeting for a moment before she turned back to Aadhya.

"Ma'am, I didn't have much interaction with Nikita ma'am. How would I know?"

Aadhya's voice grew stern. "Please, Miss, we don't have time for lies. Tell us the truth."

Shivani insisted, "Ma'am, I'm telling the truth. I don't know anything."

Aadhya leaned closer, her patience wearing thin.

"You saw the watchman outside, didn't you? He lied too, and sir beat him until he confessed."

Shivani looked horrified. "Who, sir?"

Aarav stepped forward. "Me, Aarav Singh Rathore."

Shivani's eyes filled with anger instead of fear as she faced Aarav.

"tumhare pass Dil Hai Ki Nahin Koi Kisi Ko Itni Buri Tarah Kaise Maar sakta hai. tum jaise pagal Insan ko police officer kisne banaya. jakar ilaaj karao tum apna."
("Do you even have a heart? How can you beat someone so brutally? Who made a madman like you a police officer? Get yourself treated.")

Everyone stared at Shivani, surprised by her sudden outburst. The girl who had been so scared was now speaking with such fury.

Smaira intervened, "Hello, you can't talk to my friend like that."

Shivani turned to her. "Are you Smaira?"

Smaira replied, "Yes, why?"

Shivani:  "Teach your friend how to talk to a lady."

Aadhya, in a strict voice, asked, "What do you mean by that?"

Shivani realized what she had said and quickly apologized.
"I'm sorry, ma'am. I'm really sorry."

Aadhya replied, "You should apologize to sir, not me."

Shivani faced Aarav, though there was no hint of remorse on her face. "Sorry, Mr. Aarav."

Smaira corrected her, "Sir!"

With a forced smile, Shivani repeated, "Sorry, sir."

Kabir watched how Shivani was talking to Aarav and approached her, whispering, "What are you doing?"