✯𝐶𝒉𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 10: 𝑅𝑎𝑎𝑗𝑎 𝐽𝑖...

Shivani's Home - Mid Night

Shivani's room. She sees Aarav standing in the rain through her window.

Shivani (to herself, frustrated): "Aarav..., what is he doing here? This guy is insane. I already told him I didn’t commit the murder, and now he’s come to my house."

Shivani starts pacing around her room, clearly agitated.

Shivani (to herself): "What should I do now? I can’t just ignore him standing out there. Should I go out? But what if Bua Ji finds out? How will I explain who he is? And if she discovers that Aarav is a police officer, she’ll definitely learn about the university murder and that I’m a suspect."

Shivani (determined): "No, no, I can’t take that big a risk. But what should I do? Yes, I’ll go out and somehow convince him to leave."

Shivani steps out of her room and tiptoes to her aunt’s room, where she sees her sleeping soundly. She grabs an umbrella and quietly sneaks out of the house.

Heavy rain continues to pour down, thunder rumbles in the distance. Aarav is still staring at Shivani’s house. He notices someone coming out but doesn’t pay much attention until he realizes it’s Shivani. His eyes light up and his heart starts pounding.

Aarav (inner voice): "Jis tarah se tum itanee carefully chala rhi ho, usase pata chalata hai ki tum har faisala soch-samajhakar letee ho.
Jis tarah se tum gusse mein mujhe ghoor rhi ho, usase pata chalata hai ki tum mujhe yahaan dekhakar khush nahin ho.
Tumhari aankhon mein neend mujhe bataatee hai ki mainne tumhare raat kharaab kar dee.
Hava mein udate tumhaare baal mujhe bataate hain ki ve bandhe nahin rahana chaahate.
Chhaata pakadane ke lie struggle kar raha tumhaara haath mujhe bataata hai,
"Kar mahsus ine bundon ko,
Iss Badan ko Bheeg Jaane De,
Dard Chhupa hai jo is gusse bhare chehre ke,
Vah bhi dheekh Jaane De"
  (The way you walk so carefully shows that you make every decision thoughtfully. The way you glare at me in anger shows that you’re not happy to see me here. The sleep in your eyes tells me I ruined your night. Your hair, blowing in the wind, tells me they don’t want to be tied. Your hand, struggling to hold the umbrella, tells me,
  “Feel these raindrops, let your body get drenched.
  The pain hidden behind that angry face should also be revealed.)

Shivani reaches Aarav and stands in front of him, holding the umbrella over him and yelling.

Shivani (angrily): "kya tum paagal ho? tumane ek baar phir saabit kar diya ki tum bevkhufo ke raaja ho. mainne tumase kaha tha ki mainne koi murder nahin kiya, toh mere ghar ke saamane khade hone ka kya matalab hai?"

(Are you out of your mind? You’ve proven once again that you’re the king of fools. I told you I didn’t commit any murder, so what’s the point of standing in front of my house?)

Aarav remains silent, just watching her as she yells at him.

Shivani (frustrated): "Bologe ab Kuchh, ya Monn Dharan kar rakha hai."
(Will you say something, or have you taken a vow of silence?)

Aarav raises his right hand towards her but then realizes it’s injured and quickly hides it behind his back.

Aarav: "Nothing, I was just..."

Shivani (interrupting): "Just what? You came to my house for no reason?"

Aarav: "Hmm..."

Shivani (irritated): "Tumhen dikh Nahin raha kya Kitni barish ho rahi hai. Tumhari Kulfi jam Jayegi. Agar Marne Ka Itna shauk hai To Apne Ghar jakar Maro, Mere Ghar Ke Samne Tamasha karne ki koi jarurat Nahin Hai ."
(Can’t you see how much it’s raining? You’ll catch your death of cold. If you’re so eager to die, do it at your own house, not here.)