MINGI • NOT YOURS

Note: listen to "I don't want to set the world on fire" by the ink spots as you read this! TikTok version or original is preferred.

I don't want to set the world on fire

I just want to start a flame in your heart

In my heart, I have but one desire

And that one is you, no other will do

I've lost all ambition for worldly acclaim

I just want to be the one you love

Passing through the hallways of the university, Mingi seethed with anger, his fists balled up as his eyes held fire, glaring through the classroom window at his so called best friend kissing you, his beloved of five months. Seeing as you tried to continuously push his best friend Jaehyun away, Mingi could not just watch anymore.

'I always knew from the beginning that my best friend had a crush on her, but I never thought he would take things this far...' Mingi thought to himself.

Well, the last rational thought he had before he completely lost control.

Mingi rampaged into the room like a wild bull, pulling Jaehyun off of you and slamming his back into the hard concrete floor of the room, swinging ceaselessly at Jaehyun's face. Mingi's screams were filled with pure loathe and pain towards his friend. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO MY GIRLFRIEND?! HUH?! HOW COULD YOU RUIN OUR FUCKING FRIENDSHIP LIKE THIS?! YOU'RE A FUCKING COWARD YOU GODDAMN BITCH! YOU DESERVE TO ROT IN HELL FOR WHAT YOU'VE JUST DONE!" He screamed to the top of his lungs as he straddled over Jaehyun to keep him in place, desperately hoping that his friend would not hear his words with his ears, but with his heart instead.

You stood with horror shocked as you watched the scene unfold before your eyes. There was blood everywhere. Jaehyun's blood was smeared over his entire face, neck, and shirt, ending up on Mingi's knuckles and clothes as well. Even the floor and wall of the room held a couple red splatters. Jaehyun struggled to fight back as Mingi kept his back nailed to the floor.

As the initial shock wore off, you knew that this could not prolong any longer, so you yelled at Mingi to quit. "MINGI-YAH! STOP IT!" You screamed even louder than your boyfriend, yet it seemed like you were only talking to yourself. Mingi kept swinging until you began pulling at Mingi's arms and yelling at him more to stop that he actually calmed down enough to listen to your command.

"Mingi please. Let Jaehyun go and then we need to talk." You said sternly. "And why in the hell should I let this bastard leave? Why should he receive any medical attention?" He asked with hatred, fire still aflame in his eyes as they bored into yours. "I'd set the world on fire for you." He paused with a serious aura looming over the room. "He assaulted you." He took another pause not being able to understand. "No way will I just help him like what he did was nothing." He squinted his eyes and tilted his head as he was not able to comprehend your words. You sighed as you knew how stubborn he was. "I understand your concern, but for now, just do what I say so that you don't regret your actions later, okay?"

With one last glare towards his friend, he whispered, "you will get what you deserve. And I will make sure of that." he said before reluctantly letting Jaehyun get up on his own, immediately running out of the classroom without looking back. You then pulled Mingi aside to talk about what had happened.

"Mingi..." you started.

You didn't even know what to say

"I love you a lot, y'know that, right? What Jaehyun... what we did... it was not a forced kiss." You looked up anxiously at him to see the expression on his face. His jaw was clenched and his face was turning red. His body language expressed  that he was doing everything he could to keep his composure in that moment.