Chapter 2

QOTD: favorite kinks?

Ardyn's 2 grapes, 4 pineapple chunks, and half a strawberry through his fruit cup when Prince pushes aside the beads separating the break room and storefront and quirks an eyebrow at him

Ardyn's 2 grapes, 4 pineapple chunks, and half a strawberry through his fruit cup when Prince pushes aside the beads separating the break room and storefront and quirks an eyebrow at him. "Hey—when's your break over?

Ardyn's ears twitch in confusion. He's not even five minutes into his break yet. "Like, twenty-five minutes. Why?"

"Okay," Prince sings, then pushes away from the doorframe. "Your favorite customer is here but I'll go ahead and ring him up."

Ardyn's chair scrapes loudly against the floor when he stands. "I'm done, you can take your break."

Prince laughs, fully expecting this reaction. "Your hours are gonna be messed up."

"Don't care." Ardyn tosses his unfinished fruit cup in the trashcan while Prince dumps himself in Ardyn's previous seat. It lacks any warmth, a reminder of how short his break was.

Prince kicks his feet up on the table and starts scrolling through his phone. "Don't flirt too much. Leave him wanting more."

Ardyn's ears twitch when he scowls. He mumbles, "I'm not flirting. It's just.." Ardyn always rings them up when they come. It's their routine—Valen's wave, Kahili guiding them over, Ardyn offering his help. It sounds stupid when he tries to explain it—the possessiveness of it all.

His cheeks puff instead. Says, "Shut up."

His stomach swoops when he sees Kahili.

He's tall and imposing in the cramped sex shop. Ardyn grasps the small moment where Kahili doesn't notice him to greedily observe. He looks out of place, Ardyn thinks. He's dressed from head-to-toe in luxurious name brands and standing next to a rack of vacuum-sealed sex dolls. He looks different, too. His hair's pulled back in a low bun, some messy, unthoughtful strands framing his face.

Ardyn's tail slowly wags.

Kahili looks away from the sex dolls when Ardyn approaches and a smirk pulls at his lips. "There you are."