Chapter 1

please read the about chapter above this to understand why i rewrote this story and published a completely different version 3 years later

i hope you like it my loves. it's not perfect but i've loved writing it. enjoy <3

NAME PRONUNCIATION

Kahili: (Cuh-he-lee)
Ardyn: (R-din)
Valen: (Val-in)

Ardyn doesn't understand the fascination with silicone dildos

At the ripe age of 22, he figures that he'd have some sort of hold on life. He can withstand crippling student debt, he can handle the struggle to keep up with his college courses, and he came to terms with his horrendous sleep schedule years ago.

All he really wants is a job that doesn't require him to routinely beg high school students to leave, because no, I know you're not eighteen, and please, I need this job to pay my bills, and why are you this desperate for a thirteen-inch dildo at fifteen.

He never says this, of course. Confrontation is high on his list of weaknesses, right below his fear of public speaking. So, when they refuse to leave he can only ever manage to choke out a quiet okay, wipe the imaginary tears streaming from his face, and get Prince to kick them out.

Ardyn is no bark, and certainly no bite, while Prince is the complete opposite.

"If you tell me how you think you're going to use this," Prince weighs the bright purple dildo in his hand and gives a lazy smirk as he leans on the glass display top, "It's yours."

The persistent teenage boy left shortly after telling Prince to shove it up his ass. It earned him nothing more than an eye roll and shooing motion.

Prince, in all his blond glory, throws the dildo off to the side and slumps into the chair behind the counter, ready to go back to sleep. Ardyn clasps his hands together and dips his head in the purest show of gratitude to his best friend and roommate.

As usual, the overly bright sex shop is slow. It's nearing night, and even their peak hours don't have much foot traffic. For how much Ardyn complains about his job and how often he works, he truly does like it. The few people who did come in rarely wanted to strike up a conversation, and when they did Prince was typically there to help.