002. sex

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

    ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Push It!: Salt-N-Pepa

"Hey." Finn walks over with a smile.

"5." I nod, looking at the number on his football jersey. "I didn't think you could count that high." I walk past him.

"Yo." Brandon skates towards me.

I push some hair behind my ear. "What's up?" I do our handshake with him.

He kicks up his board, then clutching it. "Here, let me help you with this." He turns and wheels a pink suitcase.

"Thanks, Brandon. You're so chivalrous." Rachel grins.

I cringe. "Pardon me while I gag." I continue walking through the parking lot. I then see one of the jocks going to slushee some kid with glasses. I intervene and snatch the slushee from his hand. I keep walking and take off the cover, now sipping from it.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"We are in line to be the most popular kids in this school over the next couple of years." Quinn says as I sit on the floor against the lockers with one leg in and the other out while doing my AP Physics homework.

"Yeah, I know." Finn replies and I roll my eyes before continuing to write.

"Prom king and queen, Homecoming court royalty, I'm not giving up those shiny crowns just so you can express yourself."

"Look, you're making too big a deal out of this."

"Okay, let's compromise. If you quit the club, I'll let you touch my breast."

"Under the shirt?"

"Over the bra."

"No, no. I can't. I wanna do Glee. I...I'm really happy when I'm performing."

"People think you're gay now, Finn. And you know what that makes me? Your big gay beard."

"Look, I-I-I gotta go to class, okay? Just relax. Everything's going to work out." Finn closes his locker and I turn a page of my textbook. "You're resorting to tripping me now? So I'll hurt my leg and can't play any games?"

I look up. "What? No. It's a comfortable position."

"Oh. Sorry, I-"

"I know this may shock you, Hudson, but my world does not revolve around you. And the day that it does, is the day it will implode far, far into the galaxy of the unknown and nonexistence." I grab my things and get up. "But thanks for the broken leg idea, I'm gonna write that one down." I nod and walk past him.

"Violet." Quinn says.

"I don't want him." I stop and turn. "Not in the slightest, so, you have nothing to worry about. Besides, you two are perfect for each other. But don't downgrade yourself for him to quit. I believe you deserve better, and I think you know that too, if it's any consolation. And I know Coach Sue probably threatened you and the other girls to take you off the team if you don't play nice with me, but if you don't like me, just say it. I don't force myself to like people I hate. It sucks. We can respect each other. You stay out of my way, and I'll stay out of yours." I nod and walk off.