043. just sleep

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

         Pure Imagination: Gene Wilder

"New Directions, I would like to introduce you to our new show choir consultant, Jesse St. James." Mister Shue turns to Jesse and Rachel claps.

"I don't trust this guy. How do we know he's gonna trick us into doing something stupid so his alma mater wins?" Brandon quips.

"I don't need to do much tricking to get you to do something stupid, Brandon." Jesse shoots back. "You either, Big Bird." He looks at Finn.

I shake my head. "Don't stroke his ego, Jesse. He already thinks he's big enough."

"Actually, I don't." Finn tells me. "And I keep trying to apologize, but you won't let me."

"Wonder why." Jesse remarks.

"This has nothing to do with you, Fabio. She's my girlfriend."

"No, I'm not." I cross my arms.

"And apparently, you can't accept that. And this does involve me." Jesse inquires.

"How?" Finn questions.

"Because Violet is Rachel's friend and that makes her mine. And she's been through enough, she doesn't need someone who can't take no as an answer. Her lovely mother already went through that."

"You know what? Why don't you-"

"Enough!" I glare at him and silence fills the room. "And he's right. We're not together anymore. And last week really set the tone. You wanna apologize? Go ahead. But that doesn't mean I have to accept it." I turn back. "Proceed."

"Guys, Jesse is just a consultant. I still make all the calls." Mister Shue assures. "Now, I have all the confidence in the world in you guys. I just think we could use all the help we can get because this is it." He points to the board that has NATIONALS written across on it. "We've been working so hard for two years for this moment, and that moment is finally here. I was talking with Jesse and he agreed we should continue with our successful trend of doing original songs for the competition. I was thinking of doing one group number and one duet."

"Rachel and I should sing a duet. We killed it last year at Regionals with Faithfully." Brandon suggests.

"Yeah. It killed us. We lost." Quinn asserts.

"I vote for Santana and Vi. Their mashup with The Chain and Lose Yourself was extraordinary." Kurt speaks up.

"Yes." Everyone agrees.

"May I?" Jesse requests.

"Uh, yeah." Mister Shue nods.

"I agree that Violet and Santana could maybe do a duet and that Rachel should sing lead, but, Brandon, I think it's best if you two sit this one out. The fact is, most of the other guys in here are better singers and Mike Chang, who can't even sing, can at least dance. And you, Finn, you kind of sing and dance like a zombie who has to poop."