003. dakota stanley

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

  Apology Song: The Decemberists

"5,6, 7 and 8. Step and step. Step and step." Mister Shue dances and we follow his movements. "And turn it around. Down and up. And hit, hit, down, hit."

"Can we stop, please?" Rachel requests.

I cross my arms. "I'd like to tell you the same thing."

"You don't have to ask me every time for permission to go to the bathroom, Rachel. You can just go." Mister Shue says.

"And take as long as you want." I nod.

"It's not my bladder. It's the choreography." Rachel quips.

"Violet, Brandon, since you're our best dancers. I'm gonna give this one to you." Mister Shue motions his hand.

I send him a death glare. "And you're gonna pay for this."

"Okay, Rachel, what's wrong with the choreography?" Brandon leans his arm over my shoulder.

"We can't compete with Vocal Adrenaline with these steps." Rachel shakes her head. "You're a great vocal coach, Mister Shue, but you're not a...trained choreographer. Neither are you guys."

"We never said we were, but it warms my heart knowing you think that much of me." I pat my chest.

"That's what we need to be the best. We need Dakota Stanley."

"Just because he understudied, doesn't mean he ever performed." Mister Shue tells her.

"Did you ever perform, Mister Schuester? After high school, did you even try?" Quinn questions.

I uncross my arms. "I'm sure he tried just as hard as you pray, Quinn." I nod. "Right?" I look at Mister Shue.

      •❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

"Hey." Finn walks over as I open my locker.

I grab my history book from my locker. "And my day just gets worse and worse."

"I just wanted to say that you shouldn't listen to what Rachel said."

I scoff. "I don't listen to anything Rachel says. I'd learn more from a carry pigeon."

"Well, I'm just saying what I...wanna say, you know? Get it out in the open. Look, the point is, you're a good dancer and a good choreographer, so is Brandon. You don't have to be trained to be good."

"What fortune cookie did you get that from?" I close my locker and turn

"Actually, I thought of it myself." Finn walks beside me. "It just came to me. you know? Like freestyle."