💗....20....💗

Next day

Manvik came downstairs after getting ready to go out for work.
Kavya came and serve him , his breakfast and tea.

Lataa , came and sat beside him and said.

"Kya koi faisla kiya , dusri shaadi ke baare mein? Mene ladki dekh li hai ...tu apna jawab de to me baat pakki kar du"
Lataa said

Manvik ignored her while kavya felt her heart dropping. Soon she started to feel the anxiety inside her...her eye-sight went blurr due to hot tears forming.

And soon the droplets oozed out of her eyes...she bit her lips to control her sobs.

Even after few minutes, not getting response from manvik , lataa spoke sternly

"Sunaai nahi de raha ? Muje bhi varis chahiye. Itna hak nahi hai kya Mera ki Marne se pehle pote ka muh dekh lu??"

Manvik stood up
"Aapko pura hak hai , aur koi aapse yeh hak nahi chhin raha...par thoda samay to dijiye... Aap bahar ke logo ki baato ka kyu soch Rahi hai? Aaj hamari karenge , kal kisi aur ki. Unki vajah se aap ghar ke rishte kyu bigaad rahi hai?"

Manvik spoke having an angry frown on his face.

Lataa also stood up
"Ghar ke rishte to bigad hi gaye hai jabse-"

Before lataa can finish , they heard a thud... kavya was laying on the floor, unconscious.

Both mother-son duo ran towards her.
Manvik uncovered her veiled face and taped her cheeks.

"Kavu ?! Uth...kya hua tuje? Kavu??!"
Manvik said desperately.

"Me shiv ko bolti hu daai ma ko bulaake aaye"
Lataa rushed to her second son.

Manvik took kavya in his arms and brought her to their room.
He layed her down and looked at her in stress.

He kissed her knuckles and her forehead..after few minutes , daai ma
(Female doctor of that time) came and told everyone to go outside.

Manvik glanced at kavya for last time before exiting the room.
.

.

.
Manvik was sitting on the cot in veranda, with his face resting on his both hands , waiting for daai maa to come out.
Lataa came and set beside him. Putting her hand on his shoulder she spoke

"Muje maaf karde beta..-"
She couldn't complete as manvik spoke.

"Maa agar kavya ko kuch bhi hua na to me aapko kabhi maaf nahi kar paunga..."
Manvik said still not looking at his mother.

"Muje nahi pata thha esa sab hoga....ab meri umar ho gai hai, bimaar rehti hu thodi to dar lagta hai ki Bina mere pote ko dekhe hi na sansaar chhod du.."
Lataa said feeling guilty.

Manvik looked at her with care and love...at the end of the day , she is his mother who has grown him into a man after facing so much in life.

"Maa , esa kuch nahi hoga , aapko kuch nahi hoga...aap ko bhi bhagwan moka dega apne pote potiyo ke saath khelne ka. Aap chinta mat kijiye..."
Manvik said holding his mothers hand.

"Aur ha , aage se kabhi bhi dusri shaadi ki baat mat kijiyega nahi kavya ko itni had tak bura bhala bolyega. Phir na chahte hue bhi muje aapse baat band karni padegi..."

Manvik said leaving his mother's hand as he remembered what nonsense she spat in this past days.

Soon daai maa came out of room.
"Kya hua hai kavya ko?"
Manvik asked.

"Ji khush khabri hai , mukhiya ji aap baap banne waale hai...aur badi mukhiyain aap dadi..."

A wide smile spread across their faces as they heard the news.

"Kitne mahine?"
Lataa asked

" 6  saptaah(week)"
Daai ma said.

After lataa gave daai ma some money and gold chain.., she exited haveli happily.

Manvik and lataa entered the room to see kavya still sleeping.
Lataa hugged her son happily that now she is going to become a grandmother.

"Dekha maa , bana diya na aapko dadi. Itne dino se aapne ese hi ghar sir pe chada ke rakha thha aur itna bhala bura bhi bola."
Manvik said shaking his head.

He felt releif that now kavya will also not have self doubts and will not ask him to get married to someone else.
.

.

.

Kavya woke up in the evening and saw manvik working and reading some paper sitting beside her laying figure.
Confused, she sat up and rest her back on the headrest of the bed.

Noticing the movements , manvik looked at kavya and smiled widely.

Kavya looked at him , still confused and asked.
"Kya hua tha muje?"

Manvik brought his hands towards her cheek and pinch her while saying.

"Tu maa banne waali hai"

Kavya froze at her place with her eyes wide which started to sparkle with
tears  of happiness.

"Me maa banne waali hu?"
Manvik nodded and hugged her while she cried in his arms.

Manvik caressed her head.
"Mene bola thha na ki tuje kuch nahi hua , tu bhi maa banegi.. dekha na , ese hi tu chinta kar rahi thhi."
He said and picked her head.

"Chal maa baba ka ashirbad lene niche.."
Kavya nodded and covered her head as well as her face.

They got out of the room and went downstairs.

Lataa, shiv and Naveen were sitting their. Naveen was given the news of him going to be a grandfather.

"Aao aao , badi achhi khush khabri suna di bahu ne. Dil khushi se bhar diya hai."
Lataa said standing up.

Kavya and manvik touched her feet and lataa took kavya in her embrace.

" Tuje Jo bola thha woh tune kar ke dikha diya hai bahu...ab aajse me bhi ek achi saas banane ki puri koshish karungi"
Lataa said with tears of happiness and guilt in her eyes.

Kavya and manvik touched feets of Naveen as well.
And shiv also congratulated them.

Kavya was beyond happy....god heard her pleads and gave her blessings to become a mother. She can't wait to give this good news to her family as well.

Manvik looked at kavya smiling happily through the semi-transparent veil while looking down.

And it was one of the best moment for him...he smiled to himself.

_________💗

How was the chapter
Please do comment and vote 🫶🏻

Target vote : 235