Our Day.

Maya~

Looking at my watch for the time after closing Amalia's door, I walk into our room so I can shower. She gave me a run for my money today.

Christian's been gone all week but he should be back within the next couple of hours. It's his first Father's Day but he was unable to spend it with Amalia because he was in Seattle.

I know he'll be bummed not to see her but she needed to go down for the night. But we have a big day tomorrow.

We're celebrating Amalia's first birthday since he has an off day. She'll be one in a few days and I still can't seem to wrap my head around how big she's gotten. She's her own little person now and walks around the house like she owns the thing. I know where it comes from but I thought I had a few years before we started dealing with that.

I take a quick shower before going to the kitchen to set up Christian's Father's Day gifts. Did he want anything? No. Is he getting things? Yes.

Amalia and I did some art projects earlier in the week and she's been so excited to give Christian her artwork. I place all of his gifts on the kitchen island facing the door he'll come through when he gets back.

I wait for him to come back. He had just texted me that they were back at the stadium.

I scroll through my phone until I hear the garage door open. I set my phone on the counter and opened the garage door.

He smiles as he sees me waiting for him. "Hey, pretty girl."

I smile back at him. We hugged as I stood on the lone stair leading to the garage. "Happy Father's Day," I tell him.

He kisses me, "Thank you."

I let him walk in first to see his gifts. He pulls his suitcase around and sets it against the island. I sit at the closest barstool, "You didn't need to do all of this."

"No, I don't want to hear it."

He looks at her artwork, showing it to me, "This is adorable."

"She's a big fan of paint," I say, motioning over to our fridge which is covered with her other artwork.

He checks out the pieces of paper before returning to his gifts. He opens the smaller box, taking out a black watch with a navy band. "The band is interchangeable. There's two more bands in there."

He nods, "Thank you."

"Of course."

He hugs me, "How was this week?"

"It was good. She's so close to saying her first word. I talked to your mom and she got in just fine. She's at Collin's right now. She says he's going to drop her off around noon tomorrow. My parents will be here around 1."

"Everything's set for tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I have my last fitting at 9. After I get back, I'll start getting stuff set up."

"Is it coming here?"

"Yeah, you're not allowed to go into the closet in the basement after tomorrow."

He laughs, "Noted."

Fixing the front pieces of my hair with my curling iron, Christian walks in with Amalia. I gasp and smile, "Look at you and your dress," I say, looking at her through the mirror.

She squeals out of excitement. I hang my curling iron up, unplugging it from the wall before grabbing the can of hairspray. I move to the corner of our bathroom to spray my hair.

I take her from Christian, standing her on the counter, "Let's do your hair."

Christian stands behind me as I put her hair into two pigtails. She holds my fingers and bounces, "You're so pretty."