Look Hot & Feel Like A Princess.

Maya~

"Wow, look at you," my mom says as I come out in a very tight dress. I think this is the fifth dress I've tried on and I'm over it.

I don't dress up often and wearing a heavy dress is not for me. But I will get over it. I have to.

"Do you like this one?"

I pull the front of the dress up as I stand in the middle on a small pedestal. "Um, I don't love the strapless part of it. I liked that it's fitted."

I look at Bridget through the mirror. She knows I don't like this dress or that I'm having a great time because I feel very uncomfortable.

"This one isn't for you. You're very uncomfortable," Bridget tells me.

"Yeah."

Bridget comes back with me. I change into a T-shirt and shorts and leave the dress with the assistant. "Okay, those were all the dresses everyone else picked out. What do you want?"

I should've come more prepared for this. "I don't know. I don't want it to be super heavy. Tight on top but not on the bottom. I liked the lace and sheer part of the first dress. I like the beaded look too."

"Anything else?"

"There was one dress that had a low back and a deep front."

"Okay, so you want to look hot and not like a princess?"

"Well- Yeah, I guess. It's my wedding day, I want to look hot and feel like a princess."

"Okay. Keep looking. I will keep looking. Don't stress. There is a dress here for you, we just have to find it."

I start looking at different designers and go through the racks and racks of dresses. This is more work than I thought it would ever be.

I pull a dress and look at it through the plastic. It's everything I just told Bridget. I take it off the rack and find her through the aisles. I hold it up to my body and she smiles, "I told you."

"Should I keep looking?" she asks.

"Yeah, I'm going to hang this up."

I go into the dressing room and hang the dress on the hook. "Did you find more?"

"Yeah, we're looking again."

"Okay. Just let us know when you're ready again."

I find Bridget as she holds onto two more dresses, "How did you do this because I'm over it?"

"Well, I like shopping, you don't."

"You're right, I absolutely hate it. But this is supposed to be fun. I'm not having fun."

"You're not having fun because you haven't tried on a dress that you actually like. The ones you tried on were okay but I knew you were uncomfortable and hated them. We will find you a dress, I promise."

Walking into the house, I hear Amalia crying in her room. I set my stuff on the couch before walking back to her room. Her cries get louder and louder.

I open her door and see Christian trying to console her. "What is going on?" I ask, concerned for both of them.

"She doesn't feel good. She's very warm. I gave her Tylenol an hour ago."

"Why didn't you text me?"

"I didn't want you to worry about it because you were busy."

She holds her arms out as she sees me. I take her and hold her close to me as she continues to cry. She is very warm. He sits on the footstool. "It's okay. I know," I say quietly as I try to console her.