That's The Difference Between Us.

Maya~

Laying back on the lounge chair, I reach for my tanning spray on the wood table next to me. I spray my stomach and chest before rubbing it in.

I lower my sunglasses and set my phone on the table. We have very limited service and Wifi so communicating with our parents, especially Alecia has been hard. But we know Mali is perfectly fine and we would know otherwise if she wasn't.

I turn my head as I heard Christian. "What's up?"

He carries a small tray with two drinks and a bowl on it. He sets it on the table, "Wow, my own waiter. I'm so lucky."

He smiles at me, "Some fruit and a spicy marg for us."

I sit up and take a sip of the margarita, licking the Tajin rim. I take the lime off of the glass and squeeze it. That is delicious.

While I thought he would take the lounge chair next to me, he picked my lounge chair and lies on me. "Really? You're going to ruin my tan."

"You're fine."

He puts his head on my stomach, laying on his back. I grab the bowl of fruit and hold it, sharing it with him. "What time do we need to leave tomorrow?"

"Our flight is at 9:30. I had us leaving at 7."

"Okay."

I run my fingers through his hair. "Are you going to fall asleep if I keep doing this?"

"Oh, for sure."

I keep doing it because he'll say something if I stop even though I run the risk of getting stuck under him. He keeps a hand wrapped around my leg. At this rate, we're both going to fall asleep.

We needed this more than we thought. His season felt so much longer this year, partially because I was planning a wedding and our wedding happened in the middle of the season. This break from reality is something we've both looked forward to for months.

"Christian, don't you dare," I tell him after he picks me up and holds me too close to the edge of our villa.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't."

"Because you love me."

"I do but that's not good enough."

"What if my phone's on me?"

"It's not. I watched you put it down."

I hold onto him. "If I'm going in, you're going in."

He laughs before jumping into the blue water off of our overwater villa. I booked us one night at this villa in the U.S Virgin Islands.

We resurface and tread water. "How long were you waiting to do that?"

"You have no idea. I wanted you to put your phone down as soon as we got in there."

I laugh, swimming over to him. He holds onto my waist, "Are we going to get food soon?"

"You throw us into the ocean and now you want food?"

He laughs, "Exactly."

"We can get dinner soon."

"Music to my ears."

We swim to the ladder. He lets me go up the ladder first. I squeeze any water out of my now-soaked clothes. I reach for the two towels I saw lying on the outdoor lounger. I toss one at him.

I get as dry as I can before stepping inside the villa. I go through my carry-on backpack and pull out my outfit for tonight.

"Christian, I'm going to shower if you want to join me," I tell him as I start the shower.