🌷 fall

MALENA'S POV

I pushed back my tears as I watched all my prayers come true in front of my bare eyes

I pushed back my tears as I watched all my prayers come true in front of my bare eyes. Charles beamed with happiness as he climbed onto that podium. His eyes reflected all the emotions going through his body and his dimples and smile did the rest of the job. My hands felt numb from clapping so hard but I didn't care, this was his golden moment. He threw his hands into the air and it took me back to the to night he dreamed of this winn. The memory was clear as day. It was almost midnight and I was about to finish my book when I suddenly Charles threw his arms into the air, just the way he did a few seconds ago. It scared me to the point I got out of bed. His eyes were closed but his hands were frozen in air. "CHARLES!" I screamed starting to shake his body too scared to process what was going on. "Oh my loard" I breathed my hands flying to my chest as his eyes flew open. "WHAT THE FUCK CHARLES? Are you trying to kill me?" I threw the book resting on the nightstand at him. "What?" his voice was raspy, his eyes still half closed. I shrugged my shoulders, eyes wide before sitting back down on the corner of the bed making the mattress sink in. "Baby, were you dreaming or did you just have a heart attack?"I asked after a few seconds. Charles started chuckling as he landed and threw himself back onto the pillow. "Yes, I was dreaming. Why did I scare you?" "Charles, I fell off the fucking bed!" he couldn't stop his laughter, his face was almost turning a shade of pink. "I'm so sorry my life" he sat back up, his hands wrapping around my waist before pulling me onto his lap. "Was it a nightmare?" I ran my hand through his stubborn hair, planting a kisses down his neck to comfort him. "No my life, it was a dream. In fact a very good one" "A very good one?" I mocked. "Hmm," he hummed, hiding his face against my chest. "Did you marry a certain girl in that very good dream? A brunette with smoky blue-green eyes by any chance?" Charles tilted his head back up with a smirk. "That is a very tempting dream BUT- in this, I won my home race." I was brought back to the real-time when a fan screamed at the top of her lungs. At this point, I couldn't hold it back in. All my emotions broke loose when Andre's father handed him the trophy, the melody of the F1 anthem playing in the background. He threw it up in the air and caught it before grabbing his bottle of champagne and pouring it over his head. Carlos followed, drenching my once-boyfriend in champagne. It was just like I imagined. He was over the moon and I don't know how this moment could get any better. I was whipping the tears streaming down my face when the sudden feeling of his gaze invaded my body. I went cold as I found his eyes that now were fifty shades of Slytherin. He stared into my soul. Charles took his first few steps towards me and we were transported into a different dimension. The distance between us started to get smaller and smaller with every second for a moment I even forgot how to blink. "Your Highness" he cleared his throat. "Charles" I smiled a million knives stabbing me at the same time. "Can I give you a hug?" he made sure I was the only one who heard him. My hands took hold of his giving them a gentle squeeze before pulling him into the hug of my lifetime. The smell of champagne and sweat took me back to when he would come to kiss me after taking pole position or winning."Charles, you did it." "And you were here just the way you promised" his voice broke. I squeezed him knowing that this would most probably be the last time I'd ever get to hold the love of my life. You heard me right the love of my life, my soulmate. "and you are wearing my ring, my life." he whispered as we finally fell apart. That was all it took him. Only two words. 'My life'. Charles started to call me this when he started we first started dating and It was slowly starting to beat the name Lexi and then I left. hearing it after so long made All The air inside my body gush out, I didn't even notice my body was thrown a few steps back until I hit Andrea who was standing behind me. "What was that?" he grumbled under his breath but my mind and body were too devoted to watching Charles whose gaze still rested on me as he shook hands with the king and the queen.