🌷Ferrari handcuffs

MALENA'S POV
Going back to work, I've never felt so alive. The smell of saline and hospital wards was the best therapy for the last two years that burned me to the ground. Seeing patients, talking to them, treating them and talking with them took out whatever darkness that I had left inside. It's been almost three months since the divorce and I was slowly settling into normality but it was not like this at the beginning. The first month was the most hectic my life has ever been. The press followed me wherever I went and Fred was the only one keeping them from pinning me down and choking me until I put everything out. That is when I really understood how much of a struggle Princess D must have gone through living in Great Britain. At first, I was a bit stressed because I'd have to bring a bodyguard everywhere I went but to my luck the news got old and the water started to settle and life got much more peaceful but the most exciting part was Sunny moving to Monaco. She got a job offer from a hospital in Nice and she didn't think twice about moving into the apartment next to mine. This time she was alone, she had her boyfriend Milo with her. He was a very successful cardiologist so his wealth made their move twice as easy. They have been dating for the last two years and it was pretty sure they'd get engaged any time soon. As soon as I found out about Sunny's offer I didn't waste my time applying to the same hospital as hers. Two weeks later I was scrubbed up and ready to treat patients in their ER.

My father was pissed at first almost threatening me to stop the divorce but this time Alex had my back like no other. He must have been so traumatized by what I've had to go through that hired a private investigator with the help of Bella to gather enough proof to prove that he was the mastermind under Charles's gut-trenching crash three years ago. When he newly broke the news, I almost passed out but at that moment I knew that no one in the whole world loved me more than my brother did. Now that Charles was out of the picture there was no doubt. Now that we had everything we needed to take action against my dad, we had to reveal everything to Ferrari and that was the biggest and last piece of this puzzle. Alex being the brother he is, took on the responsibility of breaking the news to the Ferrari team principal, Frederic Vasseur but a part of me knew that I'd have to be there on the day they spilled the beans to Charles and The anticipated day didn't take too long to come by.

The meeting was set at the Ferrari headquarters in Maranello and my stomach was in knots the whole week leading to the day. The night before was the most miserable. I couldn't shut my eyes without worrying about Charles's reaction tomorrow. After finally squeezing my eyes shut for twenty minutes straight I woke up at 2 am with only two hours of sleep on my plate. For another hour rolled on my hotel bed but finally decided to get up and go on an early morning run. The air was cold and I knew I fucked up the moment I stepped out in my Nike biker shorts and sports bra. Sometimes so dumb I wonder how I made it through med school. As you guessed the run didn't last long it ended with me shivering back into the lobby as the Receptionist watched me too stunned to speak. She grabbed me a blanket and ran up to me before making someone Bring me a hot chocolate I was grateful for. "Mam, are you okay?" the lady asked. She looked like she was in her early twenties. "Yeah, just a very stressful day ahead, this is usually my way of coping but today my clothing decision was not the best" She sat down next to me with a small smile that said it was okay. "Hey I get you, I've been through really hard shit too and I know I'm a total stranger and it's 3 am but if you want someone to talk I'm here." I grabbed her hand giving it a squeeze. "You are such a green flag" I laughed before sinking into my chair. "It's just I kept a huge secret from one of my loved ones for so long and today it's all going to spill out. I'm terrified. I don't know how that person would react." After connecting with her for almost another hour I finally headed up to my room my heart a little less heavy. I showered, did my skincare and some slight makeup, chose an outfit and finally did my hair before heading downstairs to grab some breakfast before we left. It was still 6.30 am so I was very surprised to see Alex at the buffet too. "Couldn't sleep?" he asked as I sat down with a croissant in my hand. "Nah you?" "just a bit" his reply was followed by a yawn. "Lexus you are going to be okay you know that right?" "Hm," I replied with a nod.