Episode 197 Chapter 44: Everything Has Melted Away(2)

Everything Has Melted Away (2)

The Kingdom of Adolveit, capital Tehalan.

This city wasn't exactly known for its pleasant atmosphere. Although it developed as a tourist destination, the weather was generally gloomy and chilly.

However, when I returned to Tehalan after finishing everything at the coast of Levian, many things had changed.

"...It's beautiful."

For the first time, Hong Bi Yeon thought Tehalan was beautiful. A city that had always felt like a shackle now appeared beautiful simply because the clouds had cleared and warm sunlight was shining down.

Or maybe... it was because she was now being treated differently than before.

"The princess's carriage  is here!"

"Make way!"

"Princess!! Please look this way!"

"Just one photo, please!"

As the rumor spread that the third princess of Adolveit was entering the capital, the streets were already filled with citizens.

The sound of camera shutters overlapped to the point where it no longer felt like noise, and the cheers, which I had grown tired of hearing in other cities along the way, now felt familiar.

Every major road leading to the Frost Palace was lined with citizens cheering for Hong Bi Yeon.

Although the coast of Levian wasn't far from the city of Tehalan, the aftermath of the disaster had reached here.

Even in midsummer, the temperature had suddenly dropped below freezing, and the entire sky turned red with storm clouds, sparking red lightning.

Experiencing such a horrific phenomenon firsthand, the people had no choice but to truly understand what Hong Bi Yeon had accomplished.

Her carriage took a slow tour around the capital, Tehalan, before entering the Frost Palace.

At the front gate of the Frost Palace, a military band and honor guard of 500 people were lined up. This was a completely different treatment from before.

Previously, there hadn't been any welcome at all to the extent that one wouldn't even know if Hong Bi Yeon had entered the palace.

Of course, no matter how great her achievements, such a reception wouldn't happen without the Queen's orders.

Therefore, this treatment had a very special meaning for Hong Bi Yeon.

It meant that Queen Hong Se Ryu acknowledged her.

"The third princess is entering!!"

The lion's roar, amplified by mana, echoed through the heavens and the earth.

Bwooo-!

The grand sound of the trumpets and the military band's music made her heart race.

Hong Bi Yeon maintained as 'calm and bored' an expression as possible, quietly looking out the window. Someday, all these events would be a matter of course for her, so she mustn't appear too excited.

"Her Majesty is waiting."

When they arrived at the palace, the Queen's personal guard welcomed her.

"Understood."

Hong Bi Yeon gave a slight nod to have them guide her, and the guards led her to the audience chamber after bowing their heads.

"You've arrived."