Episode 268 Chapter 51: Memory (2)

Memory (2)

When playing RPG games, it's quite common to do some preparation before a boss fight.

The most representative examples are 'doping' and 'buffs.' These are essential preparation processes to defeat a challenging boss monster.

In some games, a solo raid by a single player involves dozens of people gathering to apply buffs, prepare the highest quality meals, and help with doping, making the preparation process very long. Fortunately, in Aether World, such a process is minimal.

In Aether World Online, doping was as simple as drinking a potion or eating a meal to enhance one's condition. This was a distinct feature compared to other RPGs, where pre-battle buffs were required.

The only thing wizards had to prepare before entering a battle was casting magic. They could focus solely on magic.

There was no difference for 'Character Baek Yoosul.' He had never done any pre-battle preparations while playing the game.

"Ugh..."

But now, Baek Yoosul needed to prepare beforehand.

He used to face dragons or the most powerful wizards without fear, but now, he couldn't do anything without meditating before a fight.

First, there was [Tae-ryeong Divine Skill].

This technique, which enhanced the mana circulation within the body and explosively increased attack power, required at least 10 seconds of meditation. Additionally, to use [Ultra Focus], he needed to meditate for at least 1 minute.

In fact, thanks to his continuous training right after returning to Stella, the time was reduced to 1 minute. Initially, it took almost 10 minutes to activate this skill.

It's truly fascinating.

In the dire situation with Chelriban right in front of him, both Tae-ryeong Divine Skill and Ultra Focus activated simultaneously without any preparation. But why can't he do it now?

Even if he tries to recall and recreate the same situation, it just doesn't work. Is the difference between real battle and practice this significant?

Or perhaps, is it because of the protagonist with short hair staring at him from the side?

It seems like this is the case.

Flame is the culprit.

Otherwise, there's no reason for such a difference in concentration.

She was sitting demurely about thirty steps away, staring intently at him. Even though Baek Yoosul didn't usually care about others' gazes, her unblinking and motionless stare was quite burdensome.

"...Hey."

Baek Yoosul, who failed to concentrate, spoke, and Flame opened her eyes wide.

"Huh? Am I bothering you?"

Baek Yoosul was about to answer yes, but seeing her already feeling guilty and flustered, he found it hard to do so.

"Well, not exactly..."

"Should I move away?"

"Yes."

Then she moved twenty steps away and knelt down again.

The same situation repeated.

Her gaze was still burdensome, making it hard to switch to the Ultra Focus state.

"Can I talk to you?"

"...You already did. What is it?"

"Don't you think you should take a break?"