Part 10

"Laksh," Ragini whispered, her voice barely audible over the ambient noise of the cafe.

Laksh's eyes held a mixture of regret, longing, and perhaps hope. "Ragini," he whispered again, his voice filled with emotion.

Laksh reached Ragini and pulled her into an embrace. Ragini stood there, stiff and unresponsive, Why was Laksh here? How did he find her? And why now, in Mumbai, out of all places and out of all times why now?

Karanveer took a deep breath, struggling to maintain his composure as he rolled closer to them. It's okay, he told himself, trying to rationalize the situation. Maybe this guy was some brother-like figure to her, or maybe a friend she knew. But he couldn't deny the anger that surged within him when he saw the man hugging her so intimately.

She regained her senses and pushed Laksh away, her eyes darting around the cafe before finally locking onto Karanveer, who was now almost near them.

Laksh, confused by her sudden push, took a moment to compose himself. "I'm sorry, Ragini. I'm so sorry," he begged, almost getting on his knees, desperation evident in his voice.

"I..." Ragini started, her voice catching in her throat. She struggled to find words, her mind racing with questions. "Laksh, get up, please."

Hearing the name Karanveer's heart sank. He knew about Laksh—a figure from Ragini's past, someone she hadn't spoken about in their six months together, but her ex-husband for whom she had crossed all limits. The complexity of emotions churned within him—jealousy, insecurity, and an overwhelming desire to protect what they had built.

Ragini's mind was boggled, a whirlwind of emotions crashing through her. Before she could say anything, another voice rushed to her ears.

"Ragini!"

"Swara," she whispered, her voice breaking. Seeing her sister after months, she felt a surge of emotion and hugged her tightly, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Laksh what are you doing? Get up," Sanskar spoke

Ragini didn't want to admit it, but she was scared—scared to face Laksh, scared that all her fears and nightmares were rushing towards her again. And then there was the look in Karanveer's eyes, a mix of confusion, anger, and something else she couldn't quite place. What was happening?

"Sanskar, please ask her to forgive me. She won't even look at me," Laksh pleaded, tears streaming down his face.

Karanveer controlled his anger, feeling his patience stretch thin. The sight of Laksh begging Ragini for forgiveness again and again was infuriating.

Ragini finally found her voice, though it trembled. "Laksh, get up. This isn't the place or time for this."

Laksh stood, wiping his tears but still looking desperate. "Ragini, I know I made mistakes. I hurt you. But I need you... I never stopped caring. I love you, Ragini. Please forgive me. I can't live without you. Please, let's get back together."

"I..." Before Ragini could say anything, they heard a crashing sound. Her eyes moved in the direction of the noise and found Karanveer almost on the ground.

"Veer!" she cried out and rushed towards him.

"What the hell were you trying to do?" she whisper-yelled, helping him get back into the wheelchair. Tears she had been trying to control started bursting out. Seeing Karanveer hurt her emotions.

"Bhabi, what's taking you so long?" Arjun walked towards them, worried when they didn't return. Seeing her in tears scared him.

"Bhabi, what happened?" She couldn't form words, her lips trembling as she removed shredded glass from Karanveer's arm and face. As he fell, a nearby glass vase had broken, injuring him.