18: CHERRY

Chapter 18: cherry

Chapter 18: cherry

COOLER

I leaned back on the sofa, watching my cousin Ryu stand at the edge of the room, and beside him was his wife, Pi.

It's been days since the closure that Rustia and I agreed upon. She chose the fourth option, something I hate and would definitely throw out the window. But with that option off the table, it's like I haven't given Rustia any choice at all.

Bakit ayaw niya sa option one? I may not be that good at a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, but I could try!

May bahagi ng utak ko na kumontra roon.

Come on, I just took over, and here I am struggling to juggle my time.

Kung sakaling magkagirlfriend man ako, given my situation right now, we are most likely to break up as soon as possible. Girlfriends are needy. They have the right to demand time, to demand attention, to demand affection.

Option two is not bad either. We know the attraction between us is too strong. I don't think Rustia believes in the sanctity of marriage. She's lived with her ex-boyfriend for quite some time, so I don't really think she has issues with physical relationships. But I respect her for saying no. I guess she's not the type who lets non-boyfriends into her pants.

And hey, don't get me started on option three! What's not to love about it? We're both benefiting from it!

"It's been weeks and you now look this old?" tanong ng pinsan ko na pumutol sa malalim kong pag-iisip. I heard a suppressed laughter from the side kung saan nakatayo si Poseidon na nagpipigil ng tawa. He stood straight when I glared at him at ibinalik ang tingin sa pinsan ko. "Have you been eating well, Cooler?"

I nodded with a smile.

"Really? Because you look malnourished right now," he said with a smirk.

"Right," segunda ni Pi. "Where's the Cooler fucking Vander I fell in love with?" Sinamaan siya ng tingin ni Ryu kaya agad niyang binawi ang sinabi. "Rocket is right," she said, referring to her husband. "Pumayat at tumanda ka ng sampung taon, Cooler."

I frowned and stretched on the sofa. "Hey lovebirds, your humor's on peak today."

"Hindi kami nagbibiro," Ryu's voice roared in the corners of the living room.

Napakamot ako sa ulo. "Masyado lamang akong abala pero tatlong beses pa rin naman akong kumakain sa isang araw. I think all the work is eating me whole, but I can still manage."

"You don't look good," patuloy ng pinsan ko. "Is there any chance you know that you being this ugly is why a woman rejected you?"

I gritted my teeth and turned to Poseidon again. Mabilis na umiling siya, silently telling me he had nothing to do with it. Kung hindi si Poseidon, then it must be Mnemosyne or Artemis who told him.