The One-Sided Realisation Of Love

Abhyudaya's POV

                               Kaisi Shart?

                                                                                    Gautami ko akele aana hoga.

I looked at Gautami. Her expressions told me that she was not ready for this. The person was definitely playing with us. I continued the chat:

Kaha aana hai?

___________

TIMESKIP

Our plan was working perfectly till now. Gautami went to the front alone while I was hiding somewhere behind, watching everything, hoping nothing would go wrong. And then I see a man or woman, whoever it was, dressed in black standing under a distant street lamp.  I recognise the dressing style as that of the kidnappers on bikes. ( Btw it was almost 9 pm by then.)

Just when I was fully alert and almost ready to jump out and attack him, he did a very strange act

Just when I was fully alert and almost ready to jump out and attack him, he did a very strange act. I squint my eyes and notice that he was holding a polaroid camera in his hand. Just then, he captured Gautami's image in his camera, turned and disappeared in the dark, without harming anyone. Strange. 

Gautami also watched in silence while the person retreated. This was something that both of us had least expected.

We return to Gautami's residence, where her parents were worried about us. I realise just then that my parents must also be worrying about me...

I took my leave and started on my way to my home.

On my way back, I noticed the silence around. I HATE silence. Silence kills you. As to kill time, I start thinking about Gautami and how our friendship just happened, how it grew stronger with time, how she trusts me and everything nice about her. Why can't I think of anything but her. My mind always wanders to Gautami. My day begins with her memories and ends with the same. Have I fallen for her?

__________________________________