The Guilty Is Punished

Gautami's POV

"STOP right away tirth! Step away from her." someone shouted. I turned my face to where Tirth was. He was still facing me, the knife halfway in the air. He slowly turned away from me, only to find his parents, his granny, Abhyudaya and Mithilesh standing at the threshold of his room.

"Planning on killing an innocent girl, just like you did three years back?" His granny was asking with disgust on her face.

What was his Granny saying? Three years back, that was when Urvi got murdered. When we were in the eighth standard. But Tirth wasn't even in our school back then.

"No Granny, she isn't innocent....wait, three years ago? What are you saying?" Tirth stammered. He was caught red-handed.

"Do you know who murdered Urvi?"

Tirth's mouth fell open. His secret was out. He still tried to defend himself, but it was in vain.

"NO Granny! Why would I...I kill my own sister?" He tried to sound innocent. Just then, I seize the opportunity and pushing Tirth away, I make my way to Abhi who was looking worriedly at me. I hugged him tight. VERY TIGHT.

"Then WHAT ON EARTH does this chat mean?" Tirth's granny coaxed him to blurt out the truth, but he kept refusing.

She had a phone in her hand. An old Samsung model. There was a whatsapp chat open on the phone. I squint my eyes to see the chat. It was a chat to Mithilesh:

I need your help to get to the senior wing of the building.
Urvi will be dead by the break of dawn and I'll get all the
love that I deserved.

I could not believe my eyes or ears or what she was saying. I was astonished even to think how a person can stab his own sister to death. What the fuck is going on? But the more astonishing part of all this was the involvement of Mithilesh in this crime.

I move to the front and come face to face with Mithilesh. Then, even before I could realise what I was doing, I slapped him hard in the face.

"I don't how I'll ever face you and Abhyudaya after all that has happened. But please forgive me Gautami. I was blackmailed. My own guilt and conscience tore me to such extent that I was finding it difficult to live. Please, please forgive me." He fell at my feet, still apologizing. I could see that he was fighting back the tears that had by now welled up in his eyes.

"Hey, get up, don't do this. What do you mean you were blackmailed?" I tried to force the words out of my mouth. My throat was dry. I was sweating profusely. I felt as if I would pass out.

"Yes, this Tirth blackmailed me. He knew that I liked Urmi. He threatened me that he would tell her everything. But I didn't want this thing to come out like that. What if it broke our friendship? I feared that Urmi might never want to see me again. So I did what he said, but I never knew that he was planning on killing his own sister. I never knew that I would become a part of a murder.
I was the one you saw at the window of the bakery that day, and I was the other biker that day when we were stalking you."

Tirth was, by now shaking hysterically.

"Yes, I was the one who killed Urvi. I took her life." He hissed. He was speaking in a really low tone that I could hardly hear. He sounded way too DANGEROUS. "But what about the way you guys treated me, huh?" He shot a questioning glance at his parents and granny.

"You always treated me like I was not your child. Why mom dad? Why? If you had given me the love you gave to Urvi, I wouldn't have taken that sinister step." A drop of tear fell at his feet.

F-L-A-S-H-B-A-C-K

Tirth's POV

I slowly make my way to the garden behind the school campus. I hear Urvi and three other girls talking. Then Urvi starts walking towards the senior wing with heavy steps.

Just then, Mithilesh handed me the keys to the senior wing. "What are you planning? Please tell me at least."

"Not now Mith." I smirk and then run to the senior wing of the school. I was dressed in black with my face covered under my hoodie and mask. There, I sit crouched in one dark corner of the classroom. Urvi enters the room and searches for something on the teacher's desk.

Suddenly, the door shuts behind her. Silly girls, I thought, making my job even easier.

Then, I slowly walk to her and gag her mouth. She struggles and takes my hoodie and mask away. Her eyes went wide with shock. It was evident from her expressions. On seeing me, she stopped struggling.

Now, it became even important for me to end her life.

I took the knife out of my pocket and stabbed the life out of her. She stopped moving completely. She was now motionless, lifeless. I realized the blunder I had made by killing my own sister. But, it was too late. Those three girls were banging at the door like crazy.

I unbolted the door and slipped out of the window.

*****

P-R-E-S-E-N-T D-A-Y

Abhyudaya's POV

Soon, the people from the juvenile centre arrived and took Tirth away. He deserved this. He was being punished rightly for what he did.
I was feeling sorry for that girl who had to lose her life because of a psychopath brother. But, it wasn't completely his fault. It was the lack of love and affection that turned him into the monster he became.

I turned my attention to Gautami. She was disturbed after the recent revelations. She was sobbing silently. I tried to comfort her and she hugged me back, for the second time.

_______________________________

Guyzz hope you liked this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment<3
Lots of love :)