WHY!?

10 Months Later

The boards are over and Abhi and Gautami have had a tough time. Their friendship has grown stronger over time. They trust each other blindly and are the best of best friends. But, there is still something to be confessed....

Abhyudaya's POV

The boards are finally over, now I can go and tell her. Tell her  how much I love her, want her. Parents' Teacher Meeting is four days from today, and I can't wait to see her now. I'll tell her then. 

Gautami's POV

It's still 7 in the morning. I get up from my bed and go to the washroom, after which I head outside, where the rest of my family's sitting and chatting. However, as soon as I enter, all of them turn serious.

"Gautami, beta we need to tell you something..."

"What Papa?"

"We need to go to Gujarat."

"That's all right, for how many days?"
"Two years."

What? Two years? Leave  everything here and go to Gujarat for two whole years!? I won't.

"NO PAPA! I won't. You just leave me alone here if you want to, I don't wanna go there, infact, I don't wanna live anywhere except for Mumbai. You getting me?"

"I know, love, it's difficult for you to adjust in a new place, but trust me, it's just a matter of two years."

"You mean I'll have to leave my school and everything, no I don't want to..."

____________

Four Days Later....

Abhyudaya's POV

I  head straight towards Gautami when I see her. 

"Oh hi Gautami, I.....I wanna t...tell you something."

"Even I do Abhi."

"Oh really? Then you go first."

"Actually, I am leaving this school, this city, this state."

What? Why? Why does this happen to me every time I get attached to someone. This time, I was not just attached, I had fallen for someone....

"Why Gautami?" I try to keep my calm, I try to fight back the tears.

"For just two years. Then I'll be back  and... and everything would be normal again."

No Gautami no. Nothing would be normal again. Not at least between you and me.

_________________________________________