An Unusual Proposal

Abhyudaya's POV

"Hey Bro! Wanna be friends?" He asked cheerily.

Friends? What was he saying? After what he had done to my Gautami yesterday? Never. 

Before I could say anything, Gautami jumped in. "Come on Abhi. Maybe he wants to apologize."

Abhi? She called me Abhi, so sweet.

"Look Gautami, Abhyudaya, I'm not a bad person. I'm really sorry for what happened that day. Lemme fix that. Will  you come with me for a treat at the Cake Room today after school?" he was wearing his most innocent expression.

"Please don't say no." he urged.

I looked at Gautami. She was already looking at me, waiting for my reply. I nodded at her. 

"Okay, we'll come. By the way, I was wondering if this bracelet belongs to you?" I asked him, while stealing a glance at his wrist.

"Oh, where did you find it?"

"Is it yours?" I repeated.

"No, mine is on my wrist. But I must say, it was a limited edition." He raised his hand to show the bracelet still on his wrist.

"How...." I gasped but Gautami smacked me, signalling not to let the cat out of the bag.

*Tirth leaves

"Abhyudaya, that wasn't his bracelet..."

"But what if he has more of the same bracelet? We can't blame him  without knowing the entire truth." 

"Yeah you're right but he tried to hurt me. Yesterday, one of those kidnappers knew my full name and that I'm the class monitor."

"We can't be so sure, still."

"That symbol... Gautami, that is the symbol of ILLUMINATI, a secret society."

"Illuminati?"

"Yeah, but the symbol on the bracelet wasn't completely matching with the original one. Might be some other symbol."

AFTER SCHOOL

Gautami's POV

Me and Abhyudaya are leaving the classroom when Tirth jumps in front of us.

"Hey, you guys are leaving. You promised that you'll come with me for a treat." He pouted innocently.

"Okay,okay. Let's go." Abhi tells him. I signal him to be alert. 

So, we follow him, into a narrow lane. The lane was so long that me and Abhi were desperate to turn back and run away, but we kept our calm. The lane finally opened  to give way to a vast garden. 

At the distant edge of the garden, I could see a shop like building. The Cake Room, that was it. Maybe, Tirth wasn't so bad after all. He might have been feeling sorry for his behaviour. The bracelet that we found also wasn't his. So, we might have been wrong about him after all. 

"Gautami, come." Abhi nudged me as I was lost in my thoughts.

But there was something off about the building. It was too old. Some of the glass panes were broken. I scanned through the building and saw that there was a silhouette at one of the windows. As soon as my eyes fell on it, it disappeared into the darkness. 

(Refer to this building for an idea

(Refer to this building for an idea. But that wasn't this bad.)

Unknown POV

So, they are finally here....(evil laughter)

_________________________________________