US DESERT – BUNKER GRID – DAY

Mark arrives in his Land Cruiser and parks next to one of the bunkers. This time, a bunch of people are waiting.

Most are males in their 30s/40s, outdoorsy types. Along with a few fish out of water; three women dressed more for the jungle of Manhattan than the deserts of Arizona. A few rough-looking bikers. Some other weirdos.

Mark steps out of the car in his Forevermoor uniform.

MARK: G'morning, everyone! And welcome!

Everyone stops talking and turns their attention to Mark.

MARK: You are now standing in Forevermoor, the greatest community of private bunkers in the world!

People glance around but keep listening.

MARK: Owning one of these bunkers is a great first step in increasing your survival should all go south. But unless you know how to run one and survive long enough to reach one, your property doesn't matter. I'm here to teach you the basics of these things. Y'all ready for this?

EVERYONE: YES, SIR!/OOH, OOH!/HOORAY!

INT. CAMPUS IT SUPPORT – BACK OFFICE – DAY

Joel is digging into the software on Cathy's phone, now lying on a desk in front of him.

Cathy is sitting on the other side, watching.

They're alone in some sort of workshop office.

JOEL (nervous): The download is just taking a bit... and the WIFI keeps shutting down... So... eh, guess this is your first year?

CATHY: Yeah, moved here a few months ago. Classes didn't start til this week, so...

JOEL: Oh, cool. What're you taking?

Cathy grins wryly.

JOEL: What?

CATHY (a little hesitant): You ever had your folks tell you –

JOEL: – exactly what to do?

CATHY: Yeah.

JOEL: No.

She chuckles. Didn't see one that coming.

CATHY: Well, I have. And my dad thinks, very strongly, that I should be taking mechanical engineering.

JOEL: But?

CATHY: But I'm more into human engineering. Psychology.

JOEL: Got it. So whatcha gonna do?

CATHY (stares him straight in the eyes, resolved): So, I'm doing Crisis Psychology. (beat) And an introductory engineering class on the side so he doesn't notice. Just don't tell him, then I'll have to kill you.

She smiles a cute smile. At the same time, he gets an eerie feeling that this girl could perhaps pull that off.

JOEL: Ha, ha, good one. That's from Sherlock Holmes, isn't it?

CATHY: Who's Sherlock Holmes?

Joel looks at her. Awkward pause. Then at the phone.

JOEL: Ah, download's done! Then we...

He quickly fixes up the last things on her phone...

JOEL : I just have to...

...and confirms that everything is working.

JOEL : And we're done!

Hands the phone to Cathy.

CATHY: Thanks! I really appreciate it!

He follows her to the entrance. Stands by the door, watches her slip out with a cute smile and a friendly wave.

One of the other staff guys runs over to Joel.

STAFF GUY: She was sooo hot!

JOEL: Yeah, but weird. And her phone was really weird.

STAFF GUY: But sooo hot!