EXT. STUDENT HOUSING – NIGHT

Cathy's Jeep eases into a parking spot outside Joel's place.

INT. CATHY'S CAR – CONTINUOUS

CATHY: So... thanks for the help... with the computer...

JOEL: Yeah...

CATHY: ...and sorry about pretty much everything else...

JOEL: Yeah... don't be.

CATHY: You were shot at. By my dad.

JOEL: True. That was scary. But we were bulletproof. And it wasn't your fault.

CATHY: Well, yeah, but –

JOEL: It's been an adventure. It was fun. At least some of it. Sort of.

He grabs his things and opens the car door.

CATHY (looks at him for a bit too long): Eh... good night, then!

Joel stands outside the car. Gives her a winning smile.

JOEL: You drive home safely, Black Widow.

He shuts the door.

The Jeep backs out of the parking spot, makes a quick turn, and then she is off.

Joel follows the car with his gaze, then walks inside.

INT. CATHY'S CAR – MOMENTS LATER

Cathy, in a completely different mode now. Super stressed, eyes glued to the road as she races through the desert.

DESERT ROAD – NIGHT

Cathy's Jeep cuts through the landscape—a lonely speck of light in a vast wilderness of dim moonshine and dark desert.

INT. LIN'S ROOM – NIGHT

Somber, except for two computer screens illuminating Lin's face with a yellowish glow.

She studies her LAPTOP SCREEN. One half shows CCTV footage of the parking lot where Joel and Cathy just said goodbye.

The other shows a moving pin in a Google satellite map, tracking Cathy's car.

On her DESKTOP SCREEN, a conglomerate of windows are open:

A FAMILY PHOTO: of Mark and his ex-wife alongside Matt and Cathy, on an adventurous hiking trip some years ago.

NEWSPAPER ARTICLE: about the US Spec Ops unit tasked with rescuing the wife and young child of a wealthy Afghan businessman being ambushed. Only one survivor. Photo of Mark in a hospital bed.

REAL ESTATE TRADE WEBSITE: about the US DoD selling the world's largest bunker site to a private company called Forevermoor Inc.

POPULAR MAGAZINE: about rich folks buying doomsday shelters.

Lin turns her attention back to the pin tracking Cathy's car. It stops moving. Blinks in the same place for a few seconds. THEN IT DISAPPEARS.