[16] Birthday girl down

Henry, Jasper, Charlotte, some random kid named Flashback, and I were sitting on Henry's couch studying for chemistry. This was the first time that Tyler was invited to study with us, minus the time Henry crashed the last study group.

"This is fun," Tyler said beside me as we both decided to sit on the floor. "It feels like I'm part of the group."

I smiled at Tyler. "Yeah, it's nice to have you here."

"To be honest," Tyler whispered to me. "I'm not good at chemistry."

"Wanna know something?" I chuckled before whispering to him.

"What?"

"None of the guys here are good at it either," I said. "That's why they make Charlotte and me come so we can help."

"Okay..." Charlotte said, looking for a periodic table to quiz Jasper on. She held up her pearpad and showed him.

"Boron!" He answered proudly. "Atomic number five, category Metalloid."

"Doesn't your grandfather have Metalloids?" Henry asked.

"Yeah," Charlotte answered, not looking up from her pearpad. "He can't sit down."

It was now Jasper's turn to quiz Henry. He then faced the screen toward Henry, while Henry placed his down on the couch.

"Canadium," Henry pointed at the screen.

"What?" I asked.

"A person from Canada," Henry continued. "mium? Personality...Canadian-ish."

"It's Cadmium, you moron," I teased, throwing a chip at Henry.

"Atomic number forty-eight, category transition metal." Charlotte finished.

"Once again, Y/N and Charlotte get the answer right!" Henry exclaimed sarcastically, laughing.

"Shocker," Jasper added.

"Didn't see that coming," Flashback also commented.

"Yeah... too bad we don't know the atomic number for idiot boys," I rolled my eyes, earning a high-five from Charlotte. The boys feigned offense and laughed.

"So hey, what are we all doing Saturday night?" Henry asked, changing the subject from chemistry.

"That's my cue to get a refill," I cleared my throat, excusing myself from the living room and getting some more juice.

"You guys wanna play miniature golf?" Henry asked when no one said anything.

"Nah's" and "No's" were thrown all over the room. "You wanna play enormous golf?" Henry asked again. "Hello?"

We all looked at each other, refusing to answer Henry's question. "He's gonna find out," Charlotte sighed, looking at all of us.

"Well, I'm not telling him," Jasper said, holding his hands up in defense and shaking his head.

"What?" Henry asked. "Come on, no secrets!" Henry said, looking around the room. He then pointed to Flashback. "Flashback!"

"Why you asking me? This is the first time I've even been invited to your house."

"Y/N, come on!" Henry pleaded. "You know we don't keep secrets from each other."

"Alright, alright," I said, taking a seat next to him on the couch, and took his hand in mine. "Henny, I'm gonna hold your hand when I say this..."

"Just say it!" He said, clearly getting annoyed.

"Okay!" I sighed then continued. "We're all going to Debbie Putch's birthday party."