[20] Invisible Brad

It was a typical afternoon at Henry's house. I was lounging on the couch, casually scrolling through my phone while Henry rested his head on my lap. The comfortable silence between us was a familiar and soothing routine.

Our comfortable silence was abruptly shattered by Jasper, who as usual, burst through the front door boasting about something. "One thousand!"

"Uh, two thousand!" I shouted back reflexively, not having a clue what this was about.

"The number of times you forgot to wear underwear!" Henry guessed, lifting his head off my lap and sitting upright with a smirk.

"No, that only happened like nine times," Jasper said, glancing down and patting his pants. He paused, a look of realization dawning on his face. "Ten."

"How do you even forget to wear underwear?" I asked incredulously as I got up and made my way to the kitchen, rummaging through the fridge for a snack. "Do you not feel your area rubbing against—"

"Okay!" Henry cut in sharply, trying to steer the conversation back on track. "So, a thousand what?" he asked, looking at Jasper with curiosity.

"Sit-ups. I'm talkin' 'bout sit-ups, boy," Jasper grinned, puffing out his chest with pride.

"In a row?" I asked, my eyebrows shooting up in shock.

"No way you can do a thousand sit-ups," Henry said, his eyes narrowing in disbelief as he scrutinized Jasper.

"Pfft, not in a row." Jasper scoffed, shaking his head. "But I've done four sit-ups every day for the past two hundred and fifty days. Which is one thousand!"

"Wow. Hardcore," Henry commented, his tone dripping with sarcasm as Jasper beamed with satisfaction.

I turned away from the spectacle unfolding in the living room and made my way to the kitchen, where Piper seemed to be engrossed in some activity. She had been suspiciously quiet for a while. "What have you been up to in here?" I asked, taking a sip of my soda.

"Oh, nothing," she replied, her voice dripping with uncharacteristic sweetness. "Just making my dear older brother some lunch."

"Uh-huh..." I replied, my tone filled with skepticism. "What are you really doing?"

"Alright, fine," she admitted. "I'm trying to bribe him into letting me borrow his Yo Pro Camera."

I chuckled, shaking my head. "I don't think that's gonna work."

"We'll see about that," she smirked, picking up a plate filled with Skeezits and a grilled cheese sandwich. She walked confidently into the living room, and I followed, plopping myself down on the couch to watch the show. I looked to the floor and noticed Jasper lying there clutching his stomach.

"What happened to-"

"I punched his gut," Henry answered nonchalantly. I just nodded my head and didn't ask any more questions because honestly, I don't care.

"And this is for you," she said with a smile, handing Henry the plate.

Henry looked at the plate and then back at Piper suspiciously. "What is this?" he asked.

"It's your favorite. A grilled cheese with Skeezits," she replied, her smile sweet but her eyes twinkling with mischief.

Oh boy.

"Why are you giving me this?" Henry asked, his skepticism growing.

"Because I'm your sister, and I love you," Piper said, batting her eyelashes innocently.

"Don't trust her," Jasper groaned from the floor, still recovering from the punch.

Henry hesitantly reached out and touched the grilled cheese with his finger, quickly recoiling as if expecting it to bite back.