[25] My phony valentine

"Morning, losers!" I announce, swinging open Henry's front door with a smug grin, holding a bag of donuts triumphantly. "I brought breakfast!"

"Donuts? Yes!" Jasper jumped up from the couch, throwing his arms around me in an exaggerated hug before snatching the bag from my hands like it was gold.

"Morning, Y/N/N." Charlotte greets with a hug. 

"Morning, beautiful." I hug her back before walking to Henry, who's glued to his laptop at the kitchen island. "What are you doing, Hen? We gotta go."

"Just give me a sec," he mutters, typing furiously, his eyes not leaving the screen. "Almost done."

"You better not make us tardy!" Charlotte warns, tapping her foot near the door with her hands on her hips.

"I was born tardy!" Jasper says proudly. "My mom says that's why my feet are so big." 

"Honestly, Jasper, I swear," I sigh, rolling my eyes at his random comment just as Henry suddenly yells, "Boom! Done!"

"What were you even doing?" I ask, leaning over to peer at his screen.

Henry smirks, spinning the laptop toward me. "I just got tickets to Valentine's Day at Club Soda." 

"Shut up! For real?!" Jasper drops the donut mid-bite, rushing over to the island, eyes wide.

"Yeah, man." 

"Well, guess who's working there?" Jasper beams like he's about to drop the world's greatest secret.

"Wait," Charlotte pipes up, looking confused, "what's Club Soda?"

I laugh and shake my head. "It's this cool new club for teens," I explain. "They have every kind of soda you can think of. It's like a soda paradise." 

"Yup, and I'm getting paid five bucks an hour to guard the door," Jasper chimes in, puffing out his chest, "making sure only legit teens get in."

Charlotte wiggles her eyebrows playfully. "So, are you taking Bianca to Club Soda?"

Henry shoots his head up with a confused expression on his face. "What?"

"You bought those tickets for you and Bianca right?" Charlotte asks raising an eyebrow.

"Oh! Right! Yes! Yes I did!" Henry exclaimed looking sheepish. "Yeah, I'm taking Bianca."

Everyone in the room gave him a skeptical look. Did he forget that he had a girlfriend?

"Okay.." I say, raising an eyebrow, trying to keep things light. "So how'd you ask her?"

"Uh, I didn't... yet."

My jaw practically drops. "What?! Henry, Valentine's Day is tomorrow! You need to call her right now."

"What's the rush?" Henry shrugs, playing it cool, but I can see a hint of panic behind his eyes.

"Ughh you're such a guy." I sighed in frustration. "Girls liked to be asked in advance. It shows you actually care."

He looks genuinely puzzled. "I think I know how girls work, thank you very much."

I give him a pointed look. "Really? 'Cause last time I checked, waiting until the last minute to ask a girl out doesn't exactly show that you care."

"Pfft, whatever." Henry smirks, turning to Jasper, lifting his hand for a high-five. "Up top?"

Jasper grins, raising his hand. "Like a mop!"

Henry pulls his hand back, staring at Jasper with a furrowed brow."What does 'like a mop' mean?"