[18] Too much game (pt.2)

Henry and I walked side by side, heading towards Junk-N-Stuff after a long and frustrating basketball practice. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over Swellview, but Henry's mood was anything but bright.

"I can't believe that just happened," Henry grumbled, kicking a small pebble along the sidewalk. "How am I supposed to beat Shawn with only three days to practice? He's so much older than me. And more experienced."

I glanced at him, seeing the frustration etched on his face. "Don't worry we'll think of something."

"You don't get it Y/N, Shawn's basically a pro. I can't even make a shot."

"You're being too hard on yourself," I said, nudging his shoulder. "You've only just started. No one expects you to be perfect right away."

We walked inside the store and greeted Gooch who waved back with a smile. Making our way to the back of the store, we reached the elevator. I pressed the button and waited for the door to open

"But Coach Bix does." Henry retorted. "And if I don't beat Shawn, I'm off the team. How am I supposed to get that good in three days?"

The door finally opened and we stepped inside.

"And is he even allowed to have an adult join the te-" Before Henry could continue, the elevator shot us downwards.

We screamed for what felt like hours and finally made it to the man cave. We both got off the floor and dusted ourselves off. Henry grabbed his gym bag and threw it on the floor. "Hey, something wrong with the dumb elevator." He grumbled.

"Why's he in such a bad mood?" Ray asked.

"He's upset because he got kicked off the basketball team. And in order to get his spot back, he has to beat this dude named Shawn." I explained as I leaned on the couch.

"Is he even good at basketball?"

"No," Henry answered bluntly.

"But he's gonna practice," I said giving Henry an encouraging smile.

The couch started spinning under me, knocking me to the side, startling both Henry and Ray. "Charlotte! You made the couch spin again!" Ray scolded.

"Well, why don't you hop on it and take a ride?" She sassed before walking away from the monitors.

Suddenly, Gooch popped up on one of the screens. "Ray, I found a repairman. He's on his way down."

"What? You can't just send some stranger down here until we have him checked out." Ray objected, his eyes widening in concern.

"I gotta go," Gooch said before hanging up.

The elevator door slid open and a small man in a gray jumpsuit walked out with a red toolbox. "Hey." he greeted with a very thick accent.

"Schwoz," Ray grumbled, making his way toward the man. "Get out."

"Come on, Ray. Don't be like that."

"I mean it. Outta here!"

"That's Schwoz?" Henry asked, walking to Ray and the short man.

"You must be new sidekick, Kid Danger." Schwoz smiled, shaking Henry's hand but Ray smacked it away.

"Don't you talk to Henry!" Ray demanded. "You keep your Schwoz cooties off of him."

"Come on, man. It's been three years." Schwoz waved him off and walked to the monitors.

"Yeah, since you stole my girlfriend!"

"If it makes you feel any better, I dumped her two weeks later." he shrugged as he leaned on the monitor table.