[13] Jasper Danger (pt.1)

The school hallway buzzed with the energy of a new day, but my mind was already racing ahead to tonight. Halloween had always been one of my favorite holidays, and this year, it promised to be even better. As I walked to first period class, Henry fell into step beside me, his usual easy smile on his face.

"So, are you ready for tonight?" he asked, nudging me with his elbow.

"Absolutely!" I replied, grinning. "I can't wait. What are you gonna be?"

"I'm gonna be a zombie tennis player," he said proudly, grinning.

"A Zombie Tennis player? That sounds ridiculous."

"Shut up, it's gonna be awesome. What are you gonna be?"

"I'm gonna be a witch." I smiled as we turned the corner. "I found this really cool hat with a bunch of glitter on it. It's a bit over the top but who cares, it's Halloween."

Henry laughed. "Sounds alright. But my costume's cooler." He shrugged.

"It's not but okay."

"Speaking of my costume, do you think you could do my makeup for me?"

"You're makeup?" I asked, giving him a look.

"My Halloween makeup weirdo." He laughed, flicking my forehead.

"Alright fine I'll do it," I said, rubbing my forehead.

"Hey, is Tyler still coming with?"

"Yeah." I smiled. "He said he'd meet us at your place."

"Cool cool cool."

"You guys!" Charlotte whispered urgently. "Come here." she grabbed both of our arms and we hid by the classroom door.

"What's going on?" I whispered back, looking around the classroom.

"Jasper's doing it again."

"Doing what again?"

"He keeps trying to make that girl Monica think he's Kid Danger," Charlotte replied, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, man." Henry laughed.

We all watched as Jasper talked to the girl, pretending to be in pain and making that girl believe he was fighting crime last night.

"Does she genuinely believe he's Kid Danger?" I asked, still watching them.

"Mhmm," Charlotte answered.

"Shhhh." Jasper silenced the girl as he put his fingers over her mouth.

"He touched her lips." Henry laughed again.

"That's disgusting." I grimaced.

"It's not funny." Charlotte rolled her eyes. "He's lying to her."

"Yeah, and now her lips are dirty," I added, before walking to my desk. Henry and Charlotte followed after me.

"Hey, Jasper!" Henry called, walking over to Jasper. "What's poopinin'? So dude, trick or treating tonight, you still coming with us?"

"It's okay to say no," Charlotte said.

"Yeah, I'm comin'." Jasper said before he turned to Monica."You wanna come trick or treating with us?"

"I'd love to come." The brunette smiled.

"Cool. Just remember...A certain Captain might need my help tonight." He whispered to the girl."

I rolled my eyes and looked over Henry who was stifling a laugh.