[1] Everyday, I have a habit of not being able to look at the evening sky

There is something about the sky at some particular time of a day that Dunk Natachai really hates to look up upon.

It's the evening sky.

Some people may call it one of the most beautiful times of the day as the sun starts to settle down and paints the horizon with its magnificent orange color, that can bring peace to some people who look at it. Some people also can feel at ease because... finally, the sky shows them it's time to rest. The day is over.

But for Dunk, whenever he looks up into the sky at that particular time, he feels like something clenching his heart tight and he feels that familiar pain soar from the bottom of his heart.

He has so many negative emotions in his life already, he doesn't want to always add it every single day. So, he rather not look up to it.

Today too, Dunk stays late at his office.

It's 7PM, Dunk peacefully eats his dinner at his office desk that he bought on the minimarket on the first floor of his company building. His dinner is just a cup of instant noodle, not to his complaint but sometimes people give him a pitiful look whenever they pass his desk at lunch time or dinner time. Because despite being a 31 year old grown ass man, he needs to save up a lot to pay for his installments and because of that sometimes he looks so broke till he gets some sympathy from his colleague. But he doesn't really care about it.

"I know I can find you here at this hour."

Dunk just barely opens his mouth to eat when one of his friends (sorry, he means his only friend) in this building is asking him a question from afar. Dunk puts his chopstick down and looks up to see Pond walk to his desk while shaking his head in disbelief.

Pond Naravit is a bright person, he has all the nice personalities; he is kind, friendly, hard worker, he also has a very good confidence, he is someone this company wants to recruit as their employee. He is one of the brightest employees in this company and he is placed in a department where he can show everything that is good inside him. But before telling you any further information of his bright future in this place, Dunk needs to tell you who he is first.

Dunk Natachai Boonprasert is a very common man. From the outside maybe he looks like a handsome model with height over 180 cm, a broad shoulder, pale skin, and a sharp handsome face with a touch of softness that he can't really describe well, but Pond always say that he has an aura of a handsome and beautiful man in the same face, totally nonsenses now he recalls it. But from the inside, Dunk always thinks that nothing special comes from him.

He is just an ordinary 31 years old man, working his ass off everyday in a company that produces baby's diapers as an administrator, someone who maintains the record of the vendors or suppliers and sometimes makes a reconciliation between the Company's payable and its cash payment. He barely has a friend in this place because people only search for him if there is something wrong within the payment or vendors curse on him because of the late payment he doesn't have a control over because at the end it's the Company who decides when to pay everything. He also doesn't really have a nice personality to begin with, he is too silent, he rather observes how the world is rotating him than saying his thoughts about how it rotates. Sometimes people see him as... cold. Maybe that makes people reluctant to come near him.

And that makes him still unmarried in this age when people around him, always showing off about how their children's growing up fast in front of their eyes. He can't relate to it for now, and maybe... for years in the future. He isn't sure either how his life will go.

He just lives every single day, without so much thoughts on it.

He wakes up, he goes to his office that is so far away from his small (still in debt) house, he eats his food (doesn't really matter what he eats, he eats because he doesn't want to die yet), then survive a long way back home when the darkness is already hanging on the sky because the road is way emptier by then and he doesn't really need to experience the traffic. Then he sleeps. Repeat.