[15] I don't want this broken half of me to be noticed

I can't sleep.

Of course, he can't sleep.

It's almost impossible for Dunk Natachai to be able to sleep in this situation. The night feels too long and the coldness is already long gone, now he starts to sweat because he feels hot all over his body. For a reason he doesn't want to bring himself to think about it. He wants to use his clothes again, but it's still damp, he can't really use that without feeling uncomfortable. But to be fully awake while naked with another person hugging him tight in his sleep is beyond uncomfortable.

Especially if the man is his ex-boyfriend who he hates so much.

He hates this situation, but he must admit that he owes his life again to Joong Archen.

If that man didn't find him and help him, he isn't sure that he is still breathing in this world. The pain on his ankles still feels awfully painful, but when Joong first found him, he felt extremely cold and dizzy as if life was being sucked out from his body. Maybe his fear of his unexpected situation was also one of the reasons. He still remembered the hopeless feeling he had several hours ago. When Joong found him, he wanted to cry so badly, because he felt relieved that someone... had finally found him and he wouldn't die today.

"No, you won't die that easily. I will make sure of it."

Dunk opens his eyes in shock and looks back to see Joong, who is still laying down in the haystack, opens his eyes to look straight into Dunk's dark eyes. Dunk thought he was sleeping when Dunk easily released Joong's hand from his waist, when Dunk freed himself from the younger's grip.

"Why aren't you sleeping? They won't find us tonight, I will search our way back tomorrow morning when we have the light."

Dunk hugs his knees even tighter because he feels something from the way Joong softly asks him the question. The way he becomes a softie like this is very much unnecessary. And oh yeah, Dunk wants to make a distance with the other man so he ends up sitting while hugging his knees for some moments. He is still naked but his position makes Joong have the limited access to be able to see his body. He will keep staying in that position until his clothes are dry enough to wear.

"I can't sleep." Dunk answers shortly.

"Are you feeling better now? Do you still feel cold?" Joong asks again out of concern.

"No."

"It's good to hear." Joong moves so he can sit beside him, he doesn't look like he wants to sleep anymore and Dunk thinks the night is still too long for his liking.

"Dunk Natachai." Joong pauses for a moment, hesitation appears on his face. Dunk feels so awkward right now and he feels frustrated with how Joong Archen always acts around him after they met each other again in this old age.

"What? Just talk."

Joong bites his lips and after a while he finally says something again.

"Can I talk to you?"

Dunk starts to feel confused. What does he mean by... talking?

"Aren't we talking right now?"

Joong takes a deep breath before looking at Dunk's eyes again. Dunk despite the darkness and his bad eyesight, he can see Joong's eyes pretty well in this close proximity. The older wants to run away from his eyes but something like what happened in that boat happens again. Joong always has this power in him to lock Dunk to stay in his place and look at his eyes. And he wants to talk.

"I'm afraid that in the future, I won't have this chance again to talk with you, this close, and only the two of us."

Dunk understands, somehow behind those anxious brown eyes, he understands what Joong wants to say to him all this time. He wants to talk about their past and Dunk once rejected him in that ferris wheel. He doesn't want to talk about any of it again. But he sees something more of Joong Archen with the time passed by, especially after he saw what happened to him in that restaurant's bathroom.