[5] Sometimes I smile because i feel good

"Joong Archen."

"Hm?"

"Stop looking at me."

Dunk Natachai rises up from his chemistry's book and looks at Joong who is caught red handed looking at him for ten minutes straight. He knew since the beginning but he tried to ignore it because he needs to learn for his final exams. This is a very important week for both of them and they definitely don't need to distract each other. But ten minutes is too much. Dunk can't focus on what he tried to learn anymore.

"You have new bruises on your cheek, last time I saw you, it wasn't there." There is a hint of sadness and pain in Joong's voice. Dunk tries to remember when was the last time they met each other this close until he could notice Dunk's bruises.

Oh.

It's been awhile.

Yeah father beat me up last weekend and Joong didn't know that.

Joong and Dunk have been boyfriend for four more months after their confession in that bathroom's stall in their school basketball court. And their first kiss. Right after they understood each other's attractions and the feelings of wanting to be in each other's life in more intimate ways were mutual, they had their agreements, it's for both of their safety too. It's hard to be in love with someone who will make the society judge them hard, even, despise them. Both Joong and Dunk were fully aware of that.

They couldn't meet openly in front of people's eyes anymore. What happened that morning when Joong openly flirted with Dunk and their lunch together was enough to raise some eyes and questions for them. Now they are official, they need to be extra careful. Joong Archen is the boyfriend of Dunk Natachai. Someone who really likes to calculate things before they could do something to reduce the potential of problems. Gosh, Joong really loves how nerdy his boyfriend is.

And Dunk Natachai is the boyfriend of Joong Archen. The people's magnet. Just simply standing beside the 187cm tall guy can raise a lot of eyes on him, so he rather didn't do it at all. He still wanted a peaceful highschool life despite being a boyfriend of the most popular guy in his school.

Even though it's hard for both of them, Joong really respected his older boyfriend's opinion, they never had any more interactions in school (in front of people's eyes). Just a simple glance and an uncontrollably flustered face and red cheeks whenever they accidentally met at the school's hallway was enough for them. But they still wanted to have time to be together. So, they usually met at the basketball court after school and after Joong's basketball practices. Dunk could use the time to wait for Joong while reading some novels or studying at the library, he didn't mind at all going home so late because of these arrangements. His mother usually didn't go home from hospital, she was so busy, so no one really asked.

He wants to have a peaceful life but he also wants to be with his boyfriend and enjoy what they have together. Dunk is afraid to declare this but with every each days he is with Joong, knowing him more deeply than ever, he falls every single time. Deeper and stronger. His feelings in his heart are blooming every single day and he never feels this much happiness before.

"These past months, you are smiling more, Dunk. Sometimes I forget how cold you were before."

Even Pond Naravit noticed that too. Dunk could only smile to respond to his best friend.

"I smile because I feel good."

"About what?"

Dunk was smiling even brighter. "My current life."

Falling in love with Joong Archen simply makes him happier.

On the weekend when Joong's parents weren't home, they spent time together in Joong's room. Joong's house workers were definitely aware of the existence of Joong's very close friend and their very intimate situation, but Joong reassured him that they wouldn't say anything to Joong's parents. His parents were too busy to care about such trivial things. In Joong's mind, his circle of friends and people who are close to him outside the family are trivial things to his parents.