[13] When I give my heart to someone, I have a habit of giving only half

____

This chapter is very long, more than 10k words in one chapter, please kindly take your time in reading it so you won't feel overwhelmed :)

____

"How long will you hug me?"

Dunk shows his concern but Force hugs him even tighter.

"It's been five minutes, it's not enough you hugged me all night long?" The younger one complains one more time because Force is being too much.

Since what was happening with Dunk and his step-father, Force insisted that Dunk must live together with him. Dunk can't really argue that because Force has an absolute reasoning. First, it is for Dunk's safety and Force's peace of mind. The man still keeps blaming himself for not being there to protect Dunk which resulting in the younger cynically looking at him while saying "I am a man, I don't need protection for anyone." Which is true, but Force still wants to protect his boyfriend. Second, Force has every right to ask Dunk Natachai to live with him because... he has been his boyfriend for five years.

If they don't have the same gender, they might be married already, having a child and stuff, but here they are, stuck with the status of... boyfriend.

When Dunk heard that reason, he didn't say anything and just accepted what Force wanted, because at least, Force deserves to get what he wants. And he wants Dunk. If Dunk can't give him his heart, fully, at least he can give him his presence to be close to him.

And yes, both Force and Dunk know about Dunk's situation. The man can't give his heart fully to another person, no matter how long they've been together, Force knows that Dunk's heart is never fully for him. It feels like he only gives half of it and because now he knows the reason behind it, he is more than grateful to have a half heart of Dunk Natachai.

The man is too afraid to give his heart fully to another person because he is afraid if someone breaks it, again, it can't be repaired anymore. He needs to have at least a half part of him to make him stand without crumbling in this world. And to make someone as broke as Dunk give him half of his heart, it's already an achievement for Force Jiratchapong.

So he is okay with everything, as long as Dunk is still his and wants to be with him.

"My boyfriend will go on a three days and two nights trip and his ex-boyfriend is there with him, how can I not worry. If I can wish, I want you to not leave me."

Dunk pushes Force's body for a while, he looks at his eyes and sighs. "You don't want me to go? I can do that, I will tell Pond I can't go, I'm sick."

Dunk is serious, it's not like he wants to go.

He goes because it's part of his job.

To take care of his ex-boyfriend daughter.

This sounds really absurd in Force's ears. But Dunk knows Force, he won't make his boyfriend look bad in front of his workmates. So he won't ask him to do something unprofessional just because of his jealousy.

Yes, Force is a very envious person. To see his boyfriend sitting in the same bench with his ex-boyfriend that night getting into him so badly, he doesn't blame Dunk for anything, he knows how much Dunk hates that man named Joong Archen. But still, he needs to do something and he has no choice but to declare everything to that man that Dunk Natachai is his now.

Back off.

It was his implicit meaning of the way he acted that night.

"And why do you keep talking about my ex-boyfriend? Can you stop talking about him?"