17

"I think the new projects are going well. Your mother calls me two, three times. You have to..."

Mr. Jackson,

"Yes, sir," Jackson replied, looking at him expectantly.

"Do you want to discuss anything related to business?"

"No, sir... it's just..."

"Get out," Taehyung said with a straight face.

Jackson took a deep breath and walked out. Once he exited Taehyung's office, he dialed a number.

"Sam... He is staying here..."

"I told you, sir. That Jungkook, they had some relationship."

"Jungkook! That boy is just an office attendant."

"He loves him, sir... he told me. That's why he fired me without thinking twice. Maybe it was just a fling," Sam speculated.

"No, Sam... It's Kim Taehyung. His decisions are always strong, both in life and business."

"What do you mean? Taehyung is going to marry that slum boy? Never."

"You don't know him, Sam. He was just a child when I joined here, but he still treats me like any other employee. If he gives space to anyone, it's permanent. I know him very well."

"Sir..."

"Sam, I need your help to get Jungkook out of Taehyung's life. Taehyung deserves better."

"I will, sir... But what's my price?"

"What do you want?" Jackson asked.

"Kim Taehyung... I mean, his money. Is that acceptable to you?"

"Yes, but you have to close the chapter on Jungkook."

"I will, sir," Sam assured. Jackson cut the call, gritting his teeth. "Bloody son of a..." Jackson grit his teeth and knock Jungkook's door.

"Good afternoon, sir," Jungkook greeted politely with a warm smile.

"Jungkook, you'll have to work in the HR department today. The office attendant in that department is on leave from today, and you don't have any other tasks until evening."

"I will do it, sir," Jungkook replied earnestly.

"Then come with me."

Jungkook glanced briefly at Taehyung's office before following Jackson. They reached the 23rd floor, home to the bustling HR department. Unlike the quiet ambiance of Taehyung's office, this floor was teeming with activity. Employees were busily working at their computers, engaged in various tasks.

"This is your cabin," Jackson said, pointing to a small desk in the corner. "Go and meet the head of the department." With that, Jackson walked away.

Jungkook took in his surroundings, feeling slightly overwhelmed by the flurry of activity. He eventually located the head's office and approached the door hesitantly. After knocking and receiving permission, he entered the room.

"Good afternoon, sir. I am Jeon Jungkook, the new office attendant."

The head barely looked up from his desk. "Give this file to cabin number 18," he said, pushing a file towards Jungkook, "and bring me the interview list from cabin number 10."