Chapter 2

"I never doubted them." JJ sighed, as we walked out the Wreck after school.

"I owe you five bucks." Kie replied, with a laugh. 

"Hey, Kiara, I do need those setups done by five." Mrs. Carrera called from the patio of the Wreck.

"You know, there are other people that work here." Kie shot back. 

"But ain't none of them my children." Mrs. Carrera replied.

"I feel that. On a deep, emotional level, I understand that." Pope chuckled, as we walked to the dock. 

"So, we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ asked, as we dropped our backpacks down and sat on a bench. 

"JJ, there's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." I sighed.

"John B's gonna get nabbed sooner or later. So, if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it yesterday." Kie added. 

"I'll tell y'all how we do it." JJ started.

"Oh, so you have it all planned out?" Pope asked. 

"As a matter of fact, I do." JJ smirked. "We kidnap Rafe."

"I'm sorry, what?" I scoffed. 

"We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait til he starts squaking." JJ finished.

"You know, torture's a war crime." Kie sighed. 

"Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell? Because that's a felony." Pope added. 

"Alright, well, what do you got, Pope?" JJ scoffed. "I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop, and we're done." 

"Guys, all we need is a material witness." Pope sighed. "We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered. We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record."

"The pilot is Gavin Barnstead." I sighed. They all turned to look at me, confused as to how I knew that. "What? I went on a trip to the Cameron's Bahamas house, like, in fourth grade. Last I heard, Gavin is still their pilot." 

"Okay, so how do we get him to confess on record?" Kie asked.

"A little light espionage." Pope shrugged.

"A little ghost recon." JJ smirked. 

"Woogity woogity?" Pope asked, extending his hand in the middle for the handshake.

"Woogity woogity!" We all replied, as we did the handshake. 

As we drove to Gavin's house, we decided to come up with a plan for how to get him to confess. 

"If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped." Pope sighed from the passenger seat, as Kie drove.

"So, they direct approach gets my vote." JJ replied, as he whipped out the gun. 

"JJ, no." I sighed.

"No! What?" Kie scoffed. 

"Put the gun down, man." Pope added. At this, I reached over and grabbed the gun from JJ's grasp and handed it to Pope to put in the glove compartment. 

"Guys!" JJ shrugged. "We gotta keep this simple, or we'll never get John B off." 

"Or we just tickle the wire." Pope smirked. 

"What?" Kie asked, as she looked over at Pope. 

"We tickle the wire." He continued. "I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your AirPods." Pope added, as he put AirPods in his ears. "Say something." He said, as he lifted his phone to Kiara's mouth.