Chapter 6

As we started driving through the marsh, back towards the Château, we had nothing but smiles on our faces. We were all excited to welcome John B and Sarah back home. 

"There she is." John B smiled, as pulled up to the dock of the Château.

"Bet it's good to see her old bones, right?" JJ replied. "Welcome home, guys." He smiled, as he and Pope patted John B on the shoulders. 

As we tied up the dock lines for 'My Druthers Too', we all took one more sigh before walking up the dock. 

"You know, I gotta be honest. Not exactly looking forward to a check-in at home." Kie sighed. "My parents probably already arranged my funeral."

"I also predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household after I left the truck in Charleston." Pope added. 

"Yeah, who knows what excuse Amber came up with for me. I'm probably expected to show up soon." I added. 

"No one knows we're here, right?" JJ asked, as he looked up at us. We all shook our heads. "And y'all aren't going to get into any more trouble for showing up twelve hours later. Am I right, or am I right?"

"You're not wrong." Pope shrugged. 

"So that means, we have twelve hours to do whatever we want. Huh? A little Pogue fellowship. How does that sound?" JJ suggested.

"Let the shit hit the fan tomorrow." John B smiled.

"Yeah!" JJ exclaimed.

"The cops could be looking for us. It could be really stupid." Sarah sighed. 

"Sarah Cameron," JJ started with a smile, as he walked over towards her. "You've heard of my philosophy, right?" The rest of us looked at each other and rolled our eyes with a smile.

"No." She replied.

"Stupid things have good outcomes all the time." JJ smiled, as John B, Kie, Pope and I all mimicked him. "Who's with me? Let's get some beer!" JJ exclaimed, as he ran back towards the Château. 

After we grabbed a change of clothes from the Château, we drove the Pogue up to the dock at Geezie's to grab some beer. Kie and JJ went up, while the rest of us stayed in the boat. When they came back, carrying Natural Light and Budweiser, we all cheered with excitement, as we drove back to the Château. 

We spent the entire evening hanging out in the Cat's Ass and drinking beers. Everyone but Sarah, John B, and I decided to not only get drunk, but to also get high. We were shotgunning beers left and right; the smell of weed fresh in the air. Regardless of what was in our systems, life had never been better. JJ's Pogue fellowship idea may have been his best one yet. 

"I never made good grades in school. When I get out, I act like a fool. They say I come in the party and cause a commotion. I'm smooth, yeah, call me lotion." Pope rapped, as JJ beatboxed with an empty beer can box on his head. We all started laughing at Pope's embarrassing rhymes. 

"Just like the good Lord intended." JJ sighed with a smile, as he took the box off of his head and sat back down in the hot tub, smoking a joint.

"It was way to genuine." Sarah smiled. 

"Come on. Give me that shit!" JJ chuckled. "Give me it!" He exclaimed, as we all laughed. Pope started hugging JJ. It was so funny for Sarah and I to see the boys wasted. We just kept giggling and looking over at each other every time someone did something stupid. We ended up making a drinking game out of it. Take a sip every time we find something silly to laugh at. We would have invited Kie, but it seemed her mind was elsewhere.