vii

when i got home it was pretty late and honestly i was exhausted. alec had text me letting me know that they had landed and made it to their hotel. i had texted him saying i was glad they made it safely before saying goodnight. yes it's only eight at night, but being in the heat all day had drained me. i decided to grab a quick shower before slipping on his tshirt that i stole and crawling into bed. i turn on bridgerton since i finally decided to binge it after the release of season three. benny had jumped up and we are now cuddled up watching the show together.

*one new message from ' alec'*

going to bed already? it's still early?

yes, but i love to sleep and i have a long week ahead of me since i work everyday lol

alright baby take it easy i'll talk to you tomorrow goodnight

i decide to heart his message before putting my phone aside and turning my attention back to bridgerton until i slowly slip into sleep.

i wake up the next morning to my alarm. i slowly get out of bed before heading to the bathroom to do my morning routine and quickly get changed. i decided to wear my hair in two dutch braids today and head to the kitchen to feed the cats. i decide to play 'stick season: we'll be here forever' on vinyl quietly while i make breakfast. honestly i love taylor swift, but folk music is my favorite genre. i hum along to noah's beautiful voice while i make myself avocado toasts and coffee. i sit down and enjoy my breakfast in peace. i love the morning time because it feels the most peaceful to me. i'm not awake enough to begin to think crazily about everything and the world seems so quiet. i quickly clean up the kitchen once i finish breakfast and make myself a coffee to bring to work with me and put away mg record. i work eight to seven's all week and eight to four on saturday, so i already know it's going to be a tiring week. i grab everything i need before slipping quietly out the door careful not to wake logan. i get into my car and head to work. i decide to listen to my 'folk. lore.' playlist which consists of noah kahan, caamp, my joy, rainbow kitten surprise and some gracie abrams, luke hemmings, and taylor swift as well. i get to work fifteen minutes early and decide to head in and take my time opening up for the day. monday's are either perfectly paced or crazy. some patients will have emergent situations happen over the weekend and instead of taking their pets to an emergency vet they wait till we open on monday. which i can understand because emergency vets can be expensive, but if your pet needs medical attention you shouldn't push it off either. right away i notice a patient walking up to out doors at seven fifty eight, she looks distressed and is carrying her cat in her arms. i already know it's going to be a hectic monday. knowing our doctor doesn't arrive for another fifteen minutes i still decide to open the door for the poor girl, she looks to be no older than twenty.

"hi i'm so sorry i know you don't open for a few minutes but my cat has been throwing up all night and he won't eat and i don't know what to do and i'm really worried" she rambles with tears in her eyes.

"it's ok. i'll get you in a room and be in soon to help out" i walk her into a room near the back and get back upfront. luckily i notice daphne and jenny walking in together.

"good morning" i say to the two girls walking in with a slight smile.

"oh gosh someone's here already" daphne states. it's almost as if we all know how monday's go and can tell by simple looks now.

"yea her cat has been throwing up all night and hasn't eaten", i turn to jenny, "i'll take her don't worry". i quickly grab my laptop leaving the two girls upfront to finish opening up.

"sorry about the wait. i know this is a scary situation. firstly, have you've been here before?" i ask as i set my laptop in the counter looking over at the young girl.