ix

the rest of the week had went by quickly and i still haven't heard from alec. it's sunday morning and i am getting ready to go to the phillies game with logan today. for today's gameday fit i opted for a black athletic romper and a red phillies hat. i pair it with my black platform converse before i quickly put a little bit of makeup on and decide to straighten my hair.

"hey logan are you ready?" i ask my best friend grabbing my car keys.

"yea" she said before we walk to my car to begin the trip to the city.

we sing along to taylor swift on our way to the stadium and when we get there my nerves hit. it's weird being here and not talking to alec anymore, but i decide to just forget about whatever we have and not let it ruin phillies baseball for me.

we get to our seats which are the front row in left center field. my excuse to logan on sitting over here instead of near the dugout was so she can be near brandon while he plays. logan and i arrived early so we grabbed some food and drinks before returning to our seats. logan and i are talking about our weeks and joking around before the game finally starts. while logan is taking pictures of marsh on the field i decide to check my phone and notice i have a text from dru.

hey bella are you here?

yea i'm sitting in the outfield with my friend:)

oh cool. you should come by at some point and say hi

i totally will. are you in the same section as last time?

yep

ok i'll text you when i'm on my way over later:)

she likes my message before i turn my attention back to the game. the phillies are heading to their ab down one run. alec is now up to bat with one out and trea on base. the first pitch is thrown and he swings. our section is standing up when i notice the ball is coming right to us. i watch as his homerun goes over my head and logan and i begin to celebrate. this is crazy i think to myself.

the game continues and the phillies are down six to one going into the sixth inning and i decide to go say hi to dru now.

"hey logan i'm gonna go say hi to a friend i'll be back soon. are you ok here?" i ask her.

"yea i'm good" she says. i see a bit of suspicion on her face, but decide to ignore it as i leave our section sending dru a quick text that i'm on my way over. the walk across the stadium takes forever since people walk so slow. i finally arrive to the top of the section and send dru a text saying i'm here so she can come up since i can't get to the seats without a ticket.

"hey" dru says when she sees me.

"hi how are you doing" i say giving her a quick side hug.

"good. here follow me we can go to the mom room". she replies.

when we get to the room she closes the door and places braxtyn down.

"so how are you doing? how are you and alec?" she asks while playing with braxtyn.

"i've been ok and i haven't heard from him since he went to detroit so i guess there is no longer a me and alec" i chuckle awkwardly.

she gives me a empathetic look and it feels like she can see through the 'i don't care' persona i put on.

"well you should text him and try to talk to him after the game. i don't know alec super well, but i know him enough to know he has some kind of feelings for you," she begins saying, "don't mind my honesty but him and marsh get around a lot, so when he invited you to the game last week it meant something".