xv

today is the big day. well for alec not me. he had gotten up early and made his way over to the stadium. the players are doing a lot of media ahead of tonight's homerun derby.

i on the other hand and am spending the day with kay harper and the other wives and kids who had made the trip to texas.

i quickly straighten my hair before wearing my custom twenty-eight tank top i have. i pair it with a pair of jean shorts and my off-white platform converse that have a red heart for the logo. i put my 'a' necklace on before applying some light makeup.

once i make sure i have everything i walk down to the lobby to meet everyone before we head out to explore the city and get lunch.

"bella!" i hear a little voice say. brooklyn is running over me and she's wearing the cutest little dress with the phillies' 'p' all over.

"hi brookie" i say crouching down to give the little girl a hug, "i love your dress".

"thanks i wanted to wear it for uncle alec tonight" she smiles.

"well i'm sure he'll love it" i smile.

"hey kay how are you?" i ask hugging the woman.

"i've been good. it's nice to be able to travel with bryce and the kids. how about you?" she asks.

"i've been good" i smile back.

once the rest of the families join us we are off to walk to the restaurant for lunch.

we get seated and it's at the same restaurant i went to with alec and his parents last night.

"hi everyone i'm emma. i'll be your server today. what can i get started for you?" she smiles.

the table goes around and orders most of the kids getting chocolate milk or apple juice and the adults get waters.

"bella can you play tic-tac-toe with me?" brooklyn asks.

"ofcourse, but i wanna be x's" i say and i lean down to play. we play a fee rounds before it's time to order our food and i just get a grilled chicken salad.

"so bella how are things with you and alec?" kristen asks.

"they're really good right now" i smile.

"are you going to be on the field tonight?" she asks.

"no i'll be sitting behind the nl dugout" i say, "i'm just not quite ready for all the public attention on our relationship yet" i say.

"i completely understand" she says nodding.

the rest of lunch goes by smoothly and now the kids are restless about getting to the stadium. we agreed to head to the stadium early so the kids can run around on the field with their dads before later.

by the time we get back to the hotel and everyone is in their cars it's time to head to the stadium. i decided to drive with the harper's.

it's already four o'clock when we get to the stadium with all of the traffic.

"bella can you carry me" brooklyn asks.

"of course" i smile picking up the girl.

kay is carrying kamryn and krew is walking next to his mom.

"bella can i tell you a secret" brooklyn whispers in my ear.

"sure"

"do you love uncle alec?" she asks.

the one thing with kids is they love to ask questions especially ones you don't want to ask yourself.

"i do, but you can't tell anyone especially your uncle alec" i say softly and the girl giggles.