xiii

the next morning i wake up to see alec sleeping on facetime still and giggle. i remember people used to do this back in middle school and i used to think it was stupid, but now i can almost understand it. i leave my phone go as i walk to the bathroom to shower and get ready for work. i decide to wear my grey scrub bottoms, but instead of the matching top i tend to wear i put on my cat scrub top. after i put my hair in two braids and put buns in at the bottom i walk back out to see alec had woken up.

"goodmorning gorgeous" i say with a smile.

"goodmorning babe" he says in his sexy morning voice, "also gorgeous?" he questions.

"yea you're gorgeous babes" i grab my phone as i head to feed the cats and fish.

"alright babes i gotta head to work now", i sigh "good luck tonight against the dodgers. i'm sure yous'll smoke them" i smile.

"thanks babe" he giggles.

i hang up before getting in my car. as i ride to work i think about all the different things to say to my manager about having to miss monday and tuesday. as i pull into my parking spot i notice daphne is already here which is always nice.

"good morning daph" i smile to the woman.

"morning bells, i got you something to apologize for last night" she says handing me an iced coffee from starbucks.

"thank you so much you really you didn't have to" i smile towards her, "but what i could use your help with is how to tell lisa i can't work on monday or tuesday anymore because i'll be accompanying my man in texas" i smile nervously.

"oh no she might not take it well" she looks nervous for me.

"i know, but he made the all-star team and was invited to participate in the homerun derby which is such a huge point in his career and i have to put him first for once you know" i ramble a bit.

"i know bells, hopefully you just get a write up and nothing more" she smiles at me and as if on clue lisa walks in.

"good morning guys" she smiled.

"hey lisa i actually have to talk to you about something really important before our first appointment" i say.

"sure we can go into exam room five"

i follow her inside the room.

"what's up?" she asks.

"ok so like something really important came up and i can't work monday or tuesday next week anymore" i just blurt out. i mean there's no easy way of saying this either.

"i mean if you can't come in and i'm unable to find coverage i'm going to have to write you up. you understand that right?" she asks

"yea ofcourse. a family matter came up and i have to go to texas" i say.

"well i'll let you know about if you get points or not, but enjoy your trip" she says.

"thanks i think i will" i smile brightly thinking about being able to watch alec strive in arlington.

——

the week had thankfully went by quickly and i am finishing cleaning the hospital before i leave for alec's.

"so bells are you excited for your little getaway?" daph asks me.

"yea, but i'm a little nervous not gonna lie" i shrug.

"why?" she asks with a concerned look on her face.

"well for starters i'm meeting his parents and that nerve racking itself," i stress, "but it's also such a big event. there's going to be cameras everywhere and i'm just not ready for us to go public yet" i sigh.