fifty-one. new york city

where's your doctor?

❝ where's your doctor? ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

STANDING ALONE at the graveyard, Katie placed down the flowers onto the dirt in silence. Bringing her back from demon's run with Melody, or River rather, giving a helping hand didn't make the circumstances any less unbearable. She was still young, never having left Kovarian's influences successfully. There was always River, but that didn't mean the loss of one of her sisters made Katie not feel the loneliness.

Sophea was a constant, as close to normal as they could be without Kovarian's influence. Having now known how much of her decisions were being monitored by the woman she wished her sister got to be without the hold from her. Putting her coat back on and holding it tightly she grabbed her bag to leave the area.

Katie grew somewhat accustomed to the New York City environment while spending her time here. Having a hard time remembering when she was in one place for so long she couldn't help to feel antsy to leave again. Still, Sophea's things needed to be in order and considering her lack of parentage was unknown and Katie being listed as her beneficiary she was responsible for setting her things aside.

Her sister's New York apartment was left fairly empty what with the little things she chose to even fill the space in. Debating on what to do with the space she didn't feel the need to rush herself. The Doctor had Amy and Rory to keep them entertained and she doubted he'd notice her gone after a while. At any moment she could've used the key and called the Doctor but she felt too hopeless to bring herself to do it.

Considering how much she'd exposed herself and how quickly the events turned sour afterwards she didn't want to rush to his side just yet. Recalling Amy mentioning once how easy it was for her to return to a normal life the thought sat at the back of her mind while she continued through the days.

Taking short jobs while back in her own time period she was on the way to visit a colleague when she heard a familiar sound. On the busy crosswalk Katie couldn't help herself to turn back hopeful only to find no sign of the blue box they assumed they had heard. Tucking her head, she continued on her way before being rushed by individuals passing by. "Hey!" She shouted back at them, taking time to ensure she had kept her things in order.

Multiple people began running through the streets which was enough to have Katie notice it was an unordinary amount of disorder. A ship above her head caught her attention as she widened her eyes in realization. "Exterminate!"

Katie paused, seeing the mechanical creatures heading towards her direction. "...Daleks."

Turning back in the direction everyone else was running from she attempted to get back to the apartment as quickly as possible. Then there it was. Standing in an alleyway with others passing by without noticing what it was. Having no time she rushed over to the familiar box, hurriedly finding her key which proved to be unnecessary as the doors cracked open for her once she stepped in front of them.