fifty-two. the daleks

you don't know what it says?

❝ you don't know what it says? ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

RUSHING AROUND THE CONSOLE the Doctor began instructing each of them on their part on the matter. "Rose you're with me going to the Daleks control and as for Katie and Jack..." Seeing the individual in question giving a smug grin in return he rethought the scenario again. "Maybe just Jack."

"Having a problem sharing now, Doctor?" He asked coyly for Katie to hold her laughter from the exchange. Raising his hand seeing the Doctor was not laughing as well he switched the response. "I'll play nice, I swear."

"I don't so it'll just be you then," Katie said back, looking over to the individual. Seeing his arms were folded allowed for her to notice the bulky device on his wrist and widened her eyes over the similarity. "Hey, I've got one of those."

Jack scoffed over this as she dug into her bag. "There's no way you've got—" Katie lifted it up happily for him to stop and take the bracelet from her. "A vortex manipulator!"

She nodded happily as he continued to look over it closely. "My sister and I both have one. The Doctor doesn't like it much," Katie explained, "They don't need to know everything though."

Rose pointed over to the device as Jack was still mildly confused even when handing it back. "So you can just travel around time that way? Without the Doctor?"

"Exactly, which is why I'm here now."

"I thought you two were close?"

Seeing she was questioning her Katie couldn't help but recall the events of demon's run. The emotions were visible on her face as she tried to catch her words. "We are? We're close, of course we are."

"How close?"

As the two spoke this allowed for the Doctor to notice the writing on the bag. Coming from the controls to step over to Katie he held up the embroidery to look at it closer. Looking at him confused he moved her hand away to trace the Gallifreyan etched onto the bag.  "How'd you get this?" He lowered his tone to ask. "That's Gallifreyan on your bag."

Katie looked down to it unaware and shrugged her shoulders. "Your doodles?"

"They're not—" He looked back up to her confused. "I gave this to you?"

"Last I checked, yeah."

"But it..." He paused, realizing himself what was going on and gave her a wide-eyed expression. Katie noticed this and he let out a short laugh over her expression. "You don't know what it says?"