fifty-five. god complex

hard to deny something like love

❝ hard to deny something like love ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

THE DOCTOR RUSHED the corridors over this realization as Joe was roaming through the halls without his restraint. The others watched from a moment from behind until Katie followed after him. "Wait!" Amy yelled, eventually causing for everyone to do the same.

When she reached the Doctor he stood beside Joe who was now slumped on the wall, no sign of life. Seeing Katie he stood up to his feet to speak before noticing the others coming this way. "I don't like not knowing things. I hate not knowing things." The group then moved Joe back to the banquet hall that held the ventriloquist and remained there for a moment to recuperate from the events.

As the Doctor scanned Joe for any signs of what potentially had happened Katie and the Ponds helped to keep the doors shut from the creature responsible for his death. Pushing the chairs under the doors as she's done previously she waved a hand to the success. "That should keep anything from coming."

"Is that what you've been doing since..." Rory stopped and Amy smiled over to her instead.

"You've been gone for too long, you know. The Doctor missed you," Amy mentioned and held her free hand tightly, "I missed you too. Not the same the three of us again, I got used to you in the TARDIS."

"Have the boys to yourself at least."

"More fun with an audience," She mentioned, the two looking over to the Doctor continuing to be preoccupied, "Could've been on better footing seeing each other again."

Katie looked back over to her pretending to be confused. "What do you mean?" Amy returned a look back to her to have Katie roll her eyes in response. "Your wife is meddling, Rory."

"I don't get involved, she can do whatever she likes," Rory said matter of factly earning a kiss on the cheek from Amy.

Approaching over to the timelord in question he lifted his head up to see her and stopped his work. Wanting to say something they were interrupted by Rita holding out a tray of tea to offer to them. Taking the cup she looked down to the drink and back to her confused. "This is a cup of tea?"

"Of course, I'm British, it's how we cope with trauma. That and tutting," Rita answered her before looking to Joe's body laid out on the table, "What exactly happened to him?"

"He died," The Doctor told her simply.

Rita laughed over his response. "You are a medical doctor, aren't you? You haven't just got a degree in cheese-making or something."