nine. double-trouble

i'm not very good with staring contests

❝ i'm not very good with staring contests ❞

☽ .* ・ 。゚

QUENTIN SAT ACROSS from Katie in wonder, almost in a childlike awe the more she spoke of the short stories she shared of her travels with the Doctor thus far. Laughing over this as she found it amusing to see someone experience it for the first time; something she found herself wishing she could do over. "So the Doctor, he's some sort of time traveler?"

"Travels through space and time to be exact." She sighed, rubbing her arm nervously. "He has seen so much and I'm left here to question how in the world I ended up running around with him. Coincidence? Fool's luck? Who's to say really."

Quentin shrugged his shoulders and look up to the ceiling above them. "You've seen more than me and you're only human. If anything you're just as special as him. Must be if he thought to take you along, right?"

Finding it hard to believe his words she dismissed them entirely. "I'm really not, but it's okay. There's power in being ordinary I suppose."

He lifted his sleeves to reveal a gold bracelet around his wrist, written, according to him, in his home language that read the name of the gardens. "I've never even left this planet. This garden encompasses all of my life." Quentin let out a laugh and shook his head over her reaction. "Ordinary is for individuals like myself. Not for humans seeing all of time and space."

Suddenly the lights overhead began flickering and the two shifted their gazes down to the others. The Doctor looked to Katie worried to which she nodded in understanding and returned back to him. He pulled her away from the others, the space he had given to ensure they were out of earshot only causing her worry to increase. "We have to leave this place, they're going to get in here eventually."

"Then let's get the hell out of here?" She glanced at the others who were watching their conversation, expecting the pair to be able to get them all out after they seperated. "You work better on the spot anyways. We can just- just get out. Yeah, run through those doors and come up with something on the spot."

The Doctor grinned, kissing her forehead quickly. "Oh Hart, I may be mad, but even I'm not that-" Seeing the look she gave he knew better than to continue with what was a total lie. Instead he turned towards the other three in the room, adjusting his coat to add more drama to this. "We have to leave. The angels are going to get in here eventually, so we might as well just leave before they have the chance to."

"To what, kill us? That's exactly what it seems like you're setting us all up for," Doctor Franklin interrupted him to say, leaving Thea and Quentin giving the two uneasy looks from the nervous energy their superior was giving off.

With total confidence Quentin locked eyes onto Katie, causing for her to feel the immense weight on her shoulders. "You travel with the Doctor. You know better than the three of us if he's worth following."