Chapter 29 - Hug (Part 5)

Arden's POV-

Arden watched as Arien continued to sob and Arjen clenched his fists angrily.

He took a breath, putting on a gentler but evidently still cold expression. Then, he took out a handkerchief and carefully wiped away the tears on his sister's face.

"Shh...everything is okay...", he soothed, his voice barely above a whisper. It worked wonders, and Arien soon began to quiet down.

"Being born was nei-ther our choice nor our fault. Th-therefore, it is not logi-ical to say that we should die."

He stuttered, head tilting as he wondered if everything was said appropriately.

Arjen laughed, reaching out his hand to pat the younger's head.

"Haha you're using so many difficult words now!"

Arden looked down and blushed, Arien giggling beside them.

"I saw them in a book yesterday...you're okay now, right?"

"Mhm..thank you.."

They sat there silently for a moment. Then, Arien let out a quiet whisper.

"I wonder what happened to the nobles who insulted us."

Arden stood up and waddled toward a large shelf, returning to the bed with a thick book in his hands.

"According to this law book, slandering any member of the imperial lineage is considered to be blasphemy, and peasants will be publicly executed while nobles will be stripped of their titles and exiled." (idk??)

"A very fitting punishment for such im-pertinent fools."

Despite Arden's intention to sound hostile, his constant mispronunciation of words betrayed him. The triplets looked at each other and laughed, wrapping their arms around each other as they hugged.

[239 words]

Ahh this is so bad!! I ran out of ideas because this is not following the original storyline, and my brain is currently filled with formulas I had to review for my exams. I hope this chapter wasn't too disappointing.