Chapter 32 - Small Changes (Part 2)

Arden's POV-

"Brother, I want to go outside."

Arden looked pleadingly at Alec with puppy-like eyes, and the older, being soft-hearted, opened the door without an ounce of hesitation. Upon realizing, Alec quickly kneeled down in front of his younger brother with concern etched on his face and began to fuss over him softly.

"Alright, but please try not to catch another cold..."

Then, he paused.

"Actually..I have something to show you. Shall we go, Arden?"

Arden nodded, confused, then allowed himself to be picked up.

"Where are you bringing me, brother?"

Alec said nothing and, instead, chose to smile gently at his adorable brother. Soon, they stopped in front of a well-maintained greenhouse hidden within the palace gardens. Inside, there were countless plants, as well as a sleeping lavender bunny with the wings of a fairy.

Arden gasped, clutching his chest as he saw the creature. There was a sense of familiarity toward the strange creature and, despite not having ever seen the creature, it felt as if he had known the creature his entire life.

He quickly climbed out of his brother's arms and approached the fairy bunny with trembling steps, stopping only when they were only separated by a thin glass wall.

"B-brother..this is..?"

Alec smiled.

"Members of the imperial family are born with guardians in the shape of animals. They are linked together, and guardians will not get sick or hurt until the master dies."

"This is...my guardian?"

Alec nodded and gestured toward the open door.

"You can go inside if you'd like."

Arden smiled gratefully, then hurried inside the greenhouse with shaking knees and a pounding heart.

The guardian stirred, opening its eyes to meet those of Arden. Then, it vanished, in its place a nymph-like man with flowy lavender hair that reached his back.

He stepped forward, bare feet touching the grassy ground. Then, he bowed deeply in front of Arden.

"You've finally come, master. I am Amir, your guardian."

His face remained stoic as he straightened. Every movement was filled with grace, and Amir's demeanor matched that of Arden.

A chuckle broke the silence in the greenhouse. Amir and Arden turned around to see Alec trying to hold back his laughter.

"Sorry, you two are just too alike."

[353 words]

I don't know why I made Arden find his guardian so early, but I ran out of ideas and just decided to write whatever came to mind... 

This also didn't ruin the flow of the story, but Ishina explaining the concept of a guardian might be a bit repetitive in the future.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I sincerely apologize for forgetting to update yesterday.

Have a wonderful day/night!